Anna Maria Island, FL & my new Pontoon Boat

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Anna Maria Island, FL & my new Pontoon Boat

Hi Everyone, this is aka Tropical Sue, coming from my home pc. For my bday, sept 28, I went to Anna Maria Island & did about 2-1/2 hours of hunting. I found a couple things but not of any value. I had fun in the ocean w/my new Garrett AT Pro. It did very good. I had it on pro setting, and played between coins & zero mode. Trying different things. It chattered at about a steady 42 even after much grounding trials. I dug the higher readings. My scoop is the kmart of scoops. It's so lame that it bent on me!! lol..

I met another hunter named Doug in the water. He had a sand shark & he had the Rolls Royce of scoops. He said it cost him about 2 cnotes!! It's the most serious scoop I've ever seen. He gets on this forum too. It was nice to meet him & talk a little shop with him. I showed him my "finds". I got sunburned in the back of my neck & a weird sunburn on my arm where the strap for the detector goes!! lol..

Today I got my new (used, 1972) pontoon boat from my friends. In about a year it should be ready for the water, after I rebuild it from toons on up. :)

It's back to work tomorrow. Take care, and HH. Tropical Sue & my dog Kelly.

Attachments

• treasure finds sept 2011 007.JPG
    treasure finds sept 2011 007.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 759
  • pontoon boat 001.JPG
    pontoon boat 001.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 953
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Anna Maria Island, FL & my new Pontoon Boat

Kewl PT Boat, looks like she will find you some treasure down the road. Anna Marie is Beautiful.......my buddy dig (Rob) lives & hunts there, ....and HB to you..........Good Luck.....

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What number did it ground balance on in the wet sand and water?

captaindoug

May 1, 2011

It was nice meeting you and talking with you at Anna Maria, You showed me the encrusted object in the picture and it looked intriguing, It has a shape almost like a badge, Maybe a light tap with a hammer, knock off some of the crust, anxious to see what it is. The scoop I was using is Sun Spot stealth 8" and I love it. HH Doug

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nifty party barge :)

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Nice boat, I am sure you will be able to get that going. Usually the aluminum parts are fine. A friend had one just like that. We took it all over. It didnt like to get too weighed down, the pontoons were thinner than most I see these days, so it didnt float as high. But we would have 5 people and all kinds of coolers and stuff and it worked great. Find an honest Evinrude/Johnson outboard guy and have him check out the motor. That is the worst part, everything else is easy. Do you have a trailer? Good luck with it. Steve.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Anna Maria Island hasn't been giving up gold lately, lots of hunters and few swimmers. Hopefully it will improve on the arrival of the "Snow Birds" who when entering the water and fluffing their feathers sometimes leave a yellow rememberance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions