8ft to 12 ft Seas predicted for Treasure Coast, FL

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember if wading the surf, watch out for riptides. Be safe. :coffee2:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like this one might be steady enough to move enough sand to do some good. :thumbsup:

Agypsea

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2011
Treasure Coast,, FL
Some guys were out there this afternoon in the incredible wind and waves!!!! I'm waiting until tomorrow and Mon. I'm a brand new detector, have a new Garrett, and am going to get my first gold!!!!! (Gotta be positive!!) The surf here was incredibly high and rough--cutting all the way back to old sand. Maybe I'll be lucky. Any suggestions for me??

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck everyone and please post your finds!!! :hello2:

I'm drooling!!!

Aaron

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Its blowing over here like crazy. It might blow for another 4-5 days. Depends on what happens with the storm down South.

OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agypsea said:
Some guys were out there this afternoon in the incredible wind and waves!!!! I'm waiting until tomorrow and Mon. I'm a brand new detector, have a new Garrett, and am going to get my first gold!!!!! (Gotta be positive!!) The surf here was incredibly high and rough--cutting all the way back to old sand. Maybe I'll be lucky. Any suggestions for me??

If you're in the Disney area keep an eye out for green "glass"- Emeralds

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ok when will be the best time to hunt during or after the storm? Sunday 8' waves Monday6' and Tuesday 2' what would be the best time? Fairly new to water hunting have just 9 months of practice. ???

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone please get some pictures of the beaches Please :notworthy:

Also some pictures of TREASURE would be great too :icon_pirat:

Happy and SAFE Hunting,
Aaron

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just spent some time over at the beach here in New Smyrna, (forgot my camera) just some minor erosion so far from what I could tell. A few cuts starting to form here and there but nothing to get too excited about. Going to wait and see what the next 24hrs brings. :dontknow:

OP
OP
A

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandnut said:
ok when will be the best time to hunt during or after the storm? Sunday 8' waves Monday6' and Tuesday 2' what would be the best time? Fairly new to water hunting have just 9 months of practice. ???

The falling tide. High tide will cover the beach with more water so as the tide is falling is when you'll have the water removing sand. You also get dune erosion so it's a matter of timing. Just keep a look out for the water with one eye.

This web site is awesome for information. One could/should spend days reading all the great stuff there. Explanations with pictures!

http://treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com/

HH all - be safe!

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started in Ft. pierce about 9 a.m. and worked our way to chucks steak house. No erosion - the waves are hitting the beach from the east. The waves seem to be pulling all the renourishment sand down closer to the surf.
Guess I should say "pulling all the tax payers money closer to the surf"
Ended up with a bunch of clad, and some other junk.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a few pics of the local beach today. The man in the picture is about 6' 2" to give you a rough idea of the waves. I was looking slightly down so they're actually a little bigger then they appear in the picture.

The second picture is looking up the coast. It was taken at flat low tide. You can see the ripples left in the upper sand and the line of weeds clear up to the upper dunes. From what I could tell, best guess, some areas have lost about a foot, maybe a foot and a half, of sand. The cuts that are forming, from what I could tell with all the high water, are running about a foot to a couple of feet deep. If the current conditions hold out through the night the next high tide should remove even more sand. As it is right now, very small amount of erosion.

PS: I didn't reduce the size of the pics because the detail in them is rather poor already.

Attachments

• sixx.jpg
    sixx.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 339
  • sixxx.jpg
    sixxx.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 346

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not good up here!!!!(cocoa beach area) waves hitting directly from the east bringing in lots of seaweed and light material. sampled three spots today and all were very mushy, new sand building up.
hope some of you got some good erosion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions