imagesCAHRX7QO.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 700
Upvote 0

Jack Straw

Jun 24, 2010
PA/UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Yup i use it. I love it. The coil will not "snap" up against the rod like the old boyent ones did. It takes a little more effort to hold it down bit it does not bother me a bit. The upside is that if you have to ditch the detector for some reason it will float up. If you are still worried about it you can make your own coil stabilizer out of 2 small Plexiglas pieces for less than $1.
So i guess the short answer is no the new coils do not.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coil on the 300 floats worse than the 8" it being bigger. Saltwater makes things more buoyant and their advertisments about the coil being "Near Neutral-buoyant" is totally false advertising. Near neutral buoyant means it stays at the depth you place it at. Let go of the detector and the coil pops out of the water like a cork. I got tired of holding the coil underwater near the bottom. I don't like that the battery dept. is in the same location as the guts. They don't leak as bad as they used too with the new O ring.

On the pro side it is easy to operate and the floating coil is good for the hunters on the dry sand. If you still want to use it in the water you can always add a sand filled sock for weight. I just find it amazing that nobody elses coils float. I just got more tired of forcing the coil down all the time. Other guys develope arms like Popeye.

Jack Straw

Jun 24, 2010
PA/UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I think this machine gets a bad wrap. I dont have real difficulty keeping the coil down in the water. Could it be better? Ya i guess but it just is not that big a deal. If you are using it right and get to know it, this is a deep finder and it seems to find the small gold pretty well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread