Theres a BEACH in the BRONX?!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a BEACH in the BRONX?!

Turns out there is! Was going a little stir-crazy on a rainy day, so I threw the Sand Shark in the car and set off for a beach I have never been to before - in the Bronx, that's right, New York City! Clocked in at 18-miles from my door down the Hutchinson River Parkway. About 20-minutes into my adventure I met a fellow named George, who was swinging a Whites Dual Field, and showed me a beautiful gold signet ring he found just a few days ago in the water. Great guy, and we chatted for a while before heading in opposite directions. Killed a couple of hours and came up with a lot of trash, some clad, a junk earring, and a 1955 Silver dime! Not a bad rainy day story. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• OB1.jpg
    OB1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,026
  • OB2.jpg
    OB2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,033
Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: There's a BEACH in the BRONX?!

yuck that is nasty looking - beakout the steel toe shoes and let's go swimming in that trash field.

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool. Never know where you'll find silver coins. I'd love to be close enough to saltwater beaches to hunt on a whim!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well Terry those beaches are a little cleaner because of you. Nice hunt. :thumbsup:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver is silver and you found it! At least you know that the gold is there to! I'd be hitting that place all the time. When your so use to digging in rock and gravel, sand would be a dream come true. WTG Terry! :thumbsup:

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

well at least you saved a few feet from some nasty cuts, from the left to the right coast the trash still all looks the same, congrats on hitting some silver!!!!! :hello2: :hello2:

wdu

Apr 21, 2011

Hi Terry, This is a long way from Az. and alot wetter. Lol. How have you been, I don't see you in the other forums much anymore. I will be contacting you later for a trip to Az. next spring with my father to try the new GPX 4500 the ML eureka gold and a new dry washer we are going to need some with some expertise to teach us. Like you we are so far from the gold fields (South of Houston) but we are getting the equipment together to head back out. Enjoy reading your adventures, keep at it.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread