Holy CRAP!!!!! I got my HOLY GRAIL.......

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a local beach yesterday with Lookindown and found the Holy Grail.... Well my Holy Grail anyways :wink: About 5 hours in and many coins and an earing later, I heard a really deep tone that sounded good but after the 3rd or 4th scoop I figured maybe another bottom of a can or such but it pinpointed very tight still so I kept at it. When I scooped and there was no sound in the hole I checked the scoop and didn't know what I had. I thought "Please be white gold or at least silver" I looked at the inside of the ring and saw 950 and thought "no way" I eased it around and saw those beautiful four letters... PLAT :wav:

001.JPG

002.JPG

006.JPG

This is only my second Platinum ring and it made my day, my week, hell it made my YEAR ;D Lookindown has this uncanny ability to tell what something weighs and I guessed about 9.1 grams and he guessed 11.2. I guess you can tell who was right yet again. We ended up getting a couple Tungsten rings

005.JPG

009.JPG

These things are heavy. I wish they were worth something :'( We also got a 15 gram .925 necklace along with a silver earring and a junk bracelet. We picked up about 60-70 coins along the way. Can't wait to get back on Saturday.... I will let you know how it goes. :icon_pirat:

Upvote 0

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find with the Platinum. Even though right now gold is higher, there are fewer plats out there than gold just for the simple fact that plat has generally been more expensive so it's an awesome find for sure.

Frederick Goldman is a MAJOR jewlery manufacturer so there are a lot! of FGs out there.

Personally I would prefer to find a tungsten than a silver. They have greater resale value on ebay & craigslist. A 14 gram tungsten will bring in more than 14 grams of silver. This is just my opinion. I do love to see silver but when it comes down to the almighty "God bless America's Dollar" I'll go with tungsten, especially the main name brands, "Triton", "Benchmark" & "Artcarved". I have one "Artcarved" with a platinum inlay that retailed between $950.00 and $1,100.00.

Good luck out there.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Platinum is still on my wish list. :notworthy:

davidfl

Jun 23, 2011
florida
Detector(s) used
cz7apro cz20 cz21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
I see that FG makersmark on rings more than any other trademark.
it stands for frederick goldman

congrads mike nice ring great find

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! :headbang:

OP
OP
biggmike

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone for all the great replies :icon_thumleft: I returned on Saturday (a week ago) to find it almost impossible to hunt due to the wind and cold. I did manage another Triton Tungsten Carbide though. I will be back and hopefully will be posting another nice find... Thanks again :icon_pirat:

012.JPG

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. If it didn't fit, I'd be at the Jeweler's getting it resized.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tnt-k9 said:
Very nice find with the Platinum. Even though right now gold is higher, there are fewer plats out there than gold just for the simple fact that plat has generally been more expensive so it's an awesome find for sure.

Frederick Goldman is a MAJOR jewlery manufacturer so there are a lot! of FGs out there.

Personally I would prefer to find a tungsten than a silver. They have greater resale value on ebay & craigslist. A 14 gram tungsten will bring in more than 14 grams of silver. This is just my opinion. I do love to see silver but when it comes down to the almighty "God bless America's Dollar" I'll go with tungsten, especially the main name brands, "Triton", "Benchmark" & "Artcarved". I have one "Artcarved" with a platinum inlay that retailed between $950.00 and $1,100.00.

Good luck out there.
That is good info to know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread