Chest opens! Silver,Lead, copper, etc. 9/6/06

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
Finally my first beach silver coin! A so called Mercury dime 1943. Clad $3.15, a approximate .30 cal. bullet and about a .50 cal. round ball. Then my machine wigs out. I got dig it. My heart skipped a beat when appears a silver bar about 4 inches wide and an inch thick. Darn! Not an ingot it is about four feet long. Turns out it is a heavy piece of stainless steel. About 31 lbs it fetched .45 cents a pound at the scrap yard. $14.00, which is about $13.00 more than the Merc.dime is worth. Go figure! :) :)

Upvote 0

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Foilman,

I know the feeling when the "heart skips a beat" Been there, done that but oh what a feeling......... :o

Good find with the 43 merc!

What beach were you on????????????

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
$ is $ is $$$$ sounds like a nice haul will pay for lunch or a cocktail or 2 ;D

Keep swingin amigo 8)

Acevillav

OP
OP
F

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
Ric,
I don't like to make a habit of saying exactly where, There is plenty of competition around, but I was at one of the saltwater beaches in New Jersey. Yeah I agree money is money. If I can at least pay for the fuel to get there I figure I am doing O.K. The closest ocean beach is almost an hour away. The people on here were hyped about Ernesto hitting Florida but I think T'Hunters got the best deal here. It blew for 3 days and a lot of the beach front roads had so much sand on them they wernt passable by car.I only wish I had known what it had done sooner. The water and wind pushed it up in the road and the lower part of the beach got stripped in some places 1-2 feet or more. Thus I think the reason I was into older stuff. Unfortunately, I had a nice berm that was yielding good amounts of newer clad before the storm and the surf gods put it away somewhere for now. :-X ;)

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Foilman,

It's not good to let anyone know exactly where! :o Especially via a post in cyber space! :o

I was wanting a proximity, i.e. Virgina Beach, Daytona Beach, Venice Beach, Surfside Beach.................. ??? ??? ???

OP
OP
F

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
My normal hunting grounds are between Asbury Park, N.J. and Ocean City New Jersey. Includes probable 70-80 miles of beach. I keep trying different beaches. I have a couple favorites but have yet to begin to cover or even try many of them. Most of our beach towns are kind of small but there is one after another from Sandy Hook to Cape May Point. I think it is 123 miles all together.

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sounds like some good huntin grounds :o

Don't know if I'll ever get that far north, I'm married to FL ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread