Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not what I call a beautiful beach but more like the bay. Lots of trash in the water but there are also gold and jewelry items. Parking is expensive.

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1 on the parking cost.

The beach is hit pretty hard, so that tells you it must be producing. There is a fair amt of trash, some from depositors, some from beach replenishment.

I've only hunted it a few times, some small silver along with a good clad count is what i netted.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are doing the beach keep an eye out for shark's teeth. I found good Meg teeth just up the coast at Venice but they can be found all up and down that coast.
ZDD

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zodiacdiverdave said:
If you are doing the beach keep an eye out for shark's teeth. I found good Meg teeth just up the coast at Venice but they can be found all up and down that coast.
ZDD

I don't think there is any good sharks teeth that far South but you never know ? I hunted it last week and when I looked up towards the outlet I saw the beach replenishment going on dozers etc and from where I was it looked to be at least 10" high or more, wont be finding much for a while if they keep that up..

In any case there are good spots all up and down Fort Myers beach, like they said parking can be tough and be careful because they will tow during the busy season...

Oh and we don't call it the landfill for nothing... good luck

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would find another beach to visit. FMB is currently having 300 yards, yes that is correct 3 football fields of new sand being pumped on it. It will probably not be decent hunting for at least 3-5 years. Click on the first link to see a current photo of the new sand. http://www.fortmyersbeachfl.gov/index.aspx?NID=275

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Besides the Fort...There is a small beach right in Cape Coral that is cool...Cape Coral Community Park..........Also Stop by and see Ed at Family Hardware
622 SE 47th Terrace
Cape Coral, FL....right in CC...Maybe they can give you a few tips about....then Naples is about a hour drive south..I have done fair in all..mostly Lynn Hall Park but that was a few years ago at the fort. If you head to Naples contact Ron Lord..he will give you a tour, Good Hunter worth watching.....just stay away from his fresh water lake..Some strange creatures in the water there. Good Luck..

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
tjc45 said:
Canslaw, that's depressing!!!!!!

Tell me about it!! I live here and now will have to travel to hunt, along with all the other locals that hunt that beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread