Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We decided to take a quick trip. So I brought the detector.. Anyone have any good hints? Also looking for a sand scoop, if anyone knows a place to get one here!

Anybody want to try to meet at low tide? ( I will have to see when that is around here :tongue3:)

I heard there was a tornado here a little earlier today. Haven't heard of any casualties or injuries though, Hope it stays that way.

Upvote 0

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you land or water hunt or both? Here is a tide chart for Lauderdale-By-the-Sea, Anglin Fishing Pier. I think that is close to what you are looking for

Tides for Lauderdale-By-the-Sea, Anglin Fishing Pier starting with October 20, 2011.

Day High Tide Height Sunrise
Low Time Feet Sunset

Th 20 High 2:07 AM 3.0 7:22 AM
20 Low 8:23 AM 1.2 6:48 PM
20 High 2:51 PM 3.2
20 Low 9:03 PM 1.4

F 21 High 3:14 AM 3.1 7:23 AM
21 Low 9:31 AM 1.2 6:47 PM
21 High 3:50 PM 3.2
21 Low 10:06 PM 1.2

Sa 22 High 4:21 AM 3.3 7:23 AM
22 Low 10:35 AM 1.0 6:47 PM
22 High 4:48 PM 3.4
22 Low 11:04 PM 0.8

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BigMike.. I land hunt,, But I went to Va. Beach earlier this year so I had a blast! I may have to make a change in Equipment,, I love my detector, but I have to be careful with it. I doubt it will like too much water.

Maybe not so much a change,, but add to the arsenal!

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a trip to Reillys in Pompano beach and see Larraine, they have wall to wall scoops.

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary Drayton said:
Take a trip to Reillys in Pompano beach and see Larraine, they have wall to wall scoops.

Thank you Gary, I have been looking at them, i think they are close. And thanks for the Pm!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ideas for a visitor to Fl.... humm. Well stay out of the water there are sharks, rays, jelly fish, and red tide. Only hit the dry sand NO ONE ever looks there. ;D Just yanking your chain..... enjoy the visit. Hope this wind lays for you or its going to be a bit choppy. If you like Cat Fish or shrimp..... check out CAT FISH DEWEY's all you can eat. I got my tee shirt free for having the same name lol.

Dew

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas,, We went out today and I picked out about 5$ clad a chucke cheese token and some costume jewerly, Heading out again in the morning,, maybe we could find gold!

Met a nice old fella that was in about chest deep and found a really nice silver chain, felt about 1 1/2 ounce, Too deep for the xlt though.

Which made me add-

A new addition to the family,, a nice scoop and a new At Pro Thanks to some helpful hints. See you guys on the beach!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope ya score big while there. Water proof or not make sure you clean your equipment after every hunt. The salt is a killer. If you use a coil protector clean it out every time to get a good GB. Enjoy your visit.

Dew

OP
OP
Dave44

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dewcon4414 said:
Hope ya score big while there. Water proof or not make sure you clean your equipment after every hunt. The salt is a killer. If you use a coil protector clean it out every time to get a good GB. Enjoy your visit.

Dew

Thanks for the info. I better get to the cleaning then lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread