I wonder how one could lose this

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Weather was nice (pretty cold though) so I went to my favourite beach once again. Hunted with my Excal 1000 a bit in the wet sand where I found a stainless steel ring (gave it away to a kid later on) and moved on to the dry sand for another couple of hours. As ususal I found quite a bit of clad (20,41 Euros) and these teeth, see photo. I've found false teeth before but this one is with a massive root and all. One can only imagine how painfull it must be to loose these. I keep them in my pocket now when detecting. And if someone approaches me with witty or rude comments I tell him that the last one to ask me stupid questions like that went home without his teeth.

Attachments

• IMG062.jpg
    IMG062.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,701
Upvote 0

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That looks really nasty!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, that had to hurt........Good find! :thumbsup:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now THAT is something you just don't find
everyday on your beach hunts!! Especially
with the root attached....wow. Nice find.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Weird! I see it is a made crown/artificial tooth that was bridged to a rooted molar. Most likely, since the one tooth was gone, and it was a useful tooth, it was replaced with the crown, but there was no root. But since there was no root, and most likely bone loss, the tooth that it was attached to probably had a levering effect, and since there was obvious bone loss, and no tooth next to it, it fell out. Good find! I take it that is gold? Usually they used 9 carat gold for teeth.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cousin who fought in the Pacific theater in WWII had a jar of those things that looked just like that. One good Marine applying a good ole rifle butt strike and there you go! Yours could be an oldie goldie too.

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
With all seriousness aside..........

Oh man. I've seen it all now. Tell us the truth. You were metal detecting on the beach and you put your coil over a guys head and got that gold sound. So you dug and that is what you got.

Man you sure are hardcore!

Remind everyone to keep you away from the maternity ward where some are born with a silver spoon in their mouth!

It probably is gold. Nice but weird find for sure.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one of my buddies has found a cap

but never with the tooth.

pretty kewl find.......fine yellow