More River Gold!! With a dose of Silver!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I am almost at a loss for words, for my good fortune continues! Headed out today around 9:30. I make up my mind as to where along the river I want to hunt before I even get there. Arriving, I saw a 100ft section that I got a gut feeling about and when you get that you gotta do it! My 2nd signal was the triangle looking silver ring! Silver with the stones came only 10ft from the first one and half way thru the hundred got the big silver. This only took about an hour and a half and decided to go where I was headed for in the first place. Had to walk a little ways and this gave my hand a chance to thaw out. Yea, huge temp difference from when I was there last! Toasted myself in the sun for a bit because air temp was only in the 50's and my next spot to hunt was in the shade. Not 5 minutes in I pulled the big gold up! Another 5 and the 10k gold hoop was in my hand! Wow, I can't believe this luck I am having! I should have taken a pic of the slaw for it was just a small handfull for both of these hunts along with about 3 dollars in clad. Found also a pair of shades but were trash. The pic of the swings was a last minute stop on the way home at a local school playground. Pic of change is what I got and really surprized me. I leave the pennies on the swing seats for the kids to find and placed one on all but 6 of the swings. Monday is my next outing and looking forward to it very much! HH all, and thanks again for looking! Detectahead

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 1,661
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 1,779
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 1,854
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 1,873
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 1,886
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 1,899
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 1,889
Upvote 0

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is WOW. Looks like you have an incredible location detectahead. Keep it up. Great pics and nice thought to leave the kids the coins. :icon_thumright: You're on fire dude. :icon_pirat:

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Unbelievable what you have found in that river but due to your posts, today I will hit a local feeder creek that appears to be about the size that I have seen in you photos from recent posts. I don't know what to expect but do know that teens frequent one particular spot where a bridge goes over the creek to party so I'm hoping to find something of interest.... Keep these posts coming, they are appreciated.
Cliff

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Congratulations!!! :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!! detectahead strikes again....
Well done and nice finds. HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are having dream hunts everytime you go....dont wake up, keep getting em. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! Love those rings. What does the gold ring say on it? Just curious. :)

OP
OP
detectahead

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baylorhall said:
Great hunt! Love those rings. What does the gold ring say on it? Just curious. :)
Had to look real close 14k

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mean the pretty one with the two stones. It looks like writing on the top. :)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're making some killer finds! If I was making those finds in the river, you couldn't have pulled me out of there!

Looks like you've got an instinct for where to hunt.

OP
OP
detectahead

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baylorhall said:
I mean the pretty one with the two stones. It looks like writing on the top. :)
Lacey Shana

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post, DAH :headbang:

Gorgeous finds!..I love the ring with the blue stone and diamonds.

I hunted a river yesterday....results: nada. Enough said on that topic :(

Keep 'em comin'

Lorraine

magjm

Sep 20, 2004
sylva, nc
Detector(s) used
E-Trac. Excal, XLT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here in Western NC folks as in both locals and tourists tube down the rivers and as the rides are bumpy and the water cold they lose items along the way. Then there are the kayak areas, notably the Nantahala, Ocoee, and Tuckaseigee (my area). Hunting for the lost items is not easy. Water is deep, lots of rocks, and you have to know where State or Federal property ends. I have given it a try or two and I have not even been close to what he finds. It's not for the wimps. Guess that means me. Detectahead, I don't know how you do it!! Gold and your Fall photos were great also.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
magjm said:
Here in Western NC folks as in both locals and tourists tube down the rivers and as the rides are bumpy and the water cold they lose items along the way. Then there are the kayak areas, notably the Nantahala, Ocoee, and Tuckaseigee (my area). Hunting for the lost items is not easy. Water is deep, lots of rocks, and you have to know where State or Federal property ends. I have given it a try or two and I have not even been close to what he finds. It's not for the wimps. Guess that means me. Detectahead, I don't know how you do it!! Gold and your Fall photos were great also.
Yeah, those streams are tough. I go to Cherokee every 2 or 3 years and trout fish. Its hard for me to even walk in knee deep water because of slippery rocks and current. Detectahead knows what hes doing and hes good at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread