Lake side beaches

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be hitting some lakeside beaches in the morning with a friend and was wondering where the best opportunities were. I don't think ill be getting in the water because its starting to cool off pretty good and I don't have gear for that, but i figure my best starting point would be where they lay out and sun bathe on towels. I would expect this to be the same place they would remove rings and other jewelry before entering the water. Anyways, just wondering from someone with experience, where have you had the best luck?! The water levels are also very low right now and the "typical" 3-4 foot of swimming water is now about 10 feet from the waters edge. Its been a dry summer.

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Usually rings are lost in the water, but yes, many are found in the dry sand, mainly toe rings. The finger rings I would assume, that are found in the sand may have been taken off and forgotten and shook into the sand. Yes look where the most people congregate, and along the water, and all inbetween.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions