Hit the beach after the storm a little gold.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got a call from Matt R he was very excited he had hit the beach on the high down side. But had to leave with targets on the beach. I wasn't going to participate today. but headed down 1 1/2 before low tide. I found the area he had worked and found some coins. I finally realized the need to slow down as the coins were upended. I spiraled off a quarter and found 17 coins and silver bracelet! From that point it was a grid search.Three silver rings one gold earring parts a 18k but plated ring. 83 coins 29 p 13 N 20 D 21 Q two were 1 buffalo 1 Wheatie. I did not hunt my normal spot as there were a couple of hunters searching that area. All finds were mid beach 100 yds by 25 yds wide,where the hump once was. Matt found 3 silver rings a 16.4 gram bracelet and 73 coins. Mark when after me and got 53 coins 2 silver. 2 silver rings and 1 gold ring. Same area same day! Marks pictures too!

Attachments

• IMG_0647.JPG
    IMG_0647.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 1,034
  • IMG_0648.JPG
    IMG_0648.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,031
  • marks.jpg
    marks.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 971
  • 389150_2244413793098_1330713379_32347422_2054741893_n.jpg
    389150_2244413793098_1330713379_32347422_2054741893_n.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 976
Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the finds BC....Impressive clad count.
Your decision to go hunt anyway paid off for you.
HH Gold Nuggets :hello:

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys really smacked it out of the park yesterday. Congrats!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woo-Hoo!!! Congratulations!!! :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go....your beaches are coming alive....do you think your scoop broke the earring into pieces? :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
lookindown said:
Way to go....your beaches are coming alive....do you think your scoop broke the earring into pieces? :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:
Yes and no the earring was very old and brittle. Gold once in the water will leach its other metals that its mixed with. This can be good as the karat changes to a higher one!

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buried Crap NJ said:
lookindown said:
Yes and no the earring was very old and brittle. Gold once in the water will leach its other metals that its mixed with. This can be good as the karat changes to a higher one!

I have noticed something similar, leaching of the metal.
I found this ring that felt like gold and was way old.
but looked all corroded. :icon_scratch: I took it and tossed it in some Allumni-brite a mild sulfuric acid with brighteners and cleaners. When it came out and washed up it looked like Damasks gold. Maybe some copper veins in it. Hit it on a buffer with some rouge and it blended back to a rose gold tone.
I think the high soil acid level here leaches away companion metals. I have found some clad quarters with the copper center starting to corrode away. Copper pennies that where paper thin and Zinkens about gone.
Maybe the low karat gold just melts away.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
very nice congrats :notworthy: , do you think you guys have hit hard pan - what is happening with sand conditions here?

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Smoogle said:
very nice congrats :notworthy: , do you think you guys have hit hard pan - what is happening with sand conditions here?
No we have not hit hard pan! The last hurricane pull upwards of 10 ft of soft sugar like sand from the beaches here in Central Jersey. We all enjoyed a few days of super low sections of exposed beach. But still there was more to be taken off for hard pan. Each succeeding tide brings 3 to 5 inches of sand back. We had that 10ft of sand back in a few weeks. The storms in between with bring target back as well. Those will be in layers of sand. The we just wait as the sand moves in and out till we hit targets. we also enjoy that the local towns try and protect there dunes by moving sand around the beaches this time of year,and wait for winter storms. This in itself moves targets all around. So there are man made and nature at work here! The last hard pan conditions in this area was the Hurricane Bill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions