Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep - it's a real dive. Every rare occasion or two, you can produce an item out of it, worth looking at while your here, but plan to go elsewhere. It should also be noted that you can only hunt it from 6am to 9am and or after 5pm.

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never hunted that beach but one thing I can tell you...The popular beaches around here(Clearwater Beach, Sand Key, Etc) are sanded like the Mojave! I was at both CWB and Sand Key this weekend and spent a combined 5 hours at both with nothing but light trash and pennies and dimes. We really need some winter storms to rid some of the Mountains of sand that have accumulated. If I was you I would try to hit some obscure beaches that may not be as sanded in. Use Google Earth and follow the coast to find some neat little spots to hunt. Thats where I have been getting my best loot as of late :)

Good luck to ya!

Aaron

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go down to Howard County Park in Tarpon Springs. It's grassy in the swimming area but there are finds there. Or stop on the beach causeway and hunt either side of the water. Little or no wave action where the jet skiers and water skiers hang out. It's real trashy with pull tabs and bottle caps but you'll find coins and jewelry mixed in.
Go to Crystal Beach Park, south of Tarpon Springs, its a small beach on North Gulf Drive. The old original beach from the 1890's goes south down South Gulf Drive to where it becomes Maryland Avenue. Home owners property ends at the high water mark so hunting the wet sand is safe and don't let them bluff you.
Anclote River Park has a small swimming beach too.

Goto www.bingmaps.com and look these places up using Bird's Eye. Good luck. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, I agree not a great beach, but if you are there, you should try it. As Fl Author said about Crystal Beach, also near there is Crystal Spring, which is just offshore, there used to be an old pier a very long time ago right next to the spring, might be good to check there. Or as they said, start down into Pinellas County, along the coast, and start hitting the beaches. There is an island with bridges to it, I think it is Honeymoon island, that might be good if you can detect there. I think it and the one just South are State parks, so I dont know, they are all different, most let you detect the dry sand but not the water, some both, and I am sure some neither. From there and South you should find nice beaches, once the islands are not just offshore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread