Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday and Sunday I huntted water and land with the DD coil on Monday I huntted Parks with the 4.5 coil.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I asked is because i've read conflicting results as it pertains to chatter and saltwater with this unit. I'm looking for a machine that I can get a decent dual use out of (ie-land and slatwater) and have been considering the AT Pro as my next purchase. What settings did you use in the salt?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron is an accomplished beach hunter. I haven't been able to use my AT PRO near saltwater but know from using other detectors that the settings for each beach would be different due to salt concentrations and amount of black sand. Other things like cell phone towers can effect how well any detector will work if they are near by. Most of this can be taken care of my changing frequencies. One inland beach caused mine to chatter but not at another.

tincansam

Jun 7, 2011
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Love mine as well , it's a bit of a learning curve @ first , but once you got it down its awesome

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears the connectors on the AT Pro don,t like salt water. My detecting buddy uses his in salt water. So far no problems, just wiped them down after each use. Went to remove them this weekend and both were stuck on. Had to send the control box and coil in for repair. I think he is going to stick to land and fresh water with the AT Pro. It is a shame as it does an adequate job in salt water.

Ed D.

CoastalSChunter

Oct 5, 2011
well, I'm pretty new here, and I'm not pushing for any brand of detector.
I have 2 garretts (250 old faithful, and the new AT pro, 2m/o old) whites coinmaster 5900/DI and a Teknetics T2.

I have to say, i honestly like the AT pro, takes some getting use to, but as I have found with all Garretts, a good all around detector. It sure wasnt a waste to buy in my opinion, i have searched in rivers with mine and not had a problem with good finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread