Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Took my son detecting tonight and my buddy Jason tagged along too. The night was long... about a 4 hour hunt, but it encompassed the low tide at 1am. I much prefer hunting at night. There's nobody around to hassle ya or ask questions.

So the hunt proved productive for my son Kendall with his haul of over 1,200 yen ($15) and 2 silver rings weighing in at 6 grams.

Jason netted some meager clad... but he's been away from his machine for a while and it's going to take a few trips out to get adjusted to it again.

I managed 5,113 yen -- $67
No rings or bling for me today. I can't complain though. I scored pretty good the other day.

Here's the one pic I got for ya today. Happy hunting everyone!!!!

002-14.jpg

Upvote 0

mydejavooo

Oct 26, 2011
Hansen, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Whites Spectrum XLT e-series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang! That's a lot of Yen! I'm guessing you have a thriving tourist industry nearby?? :laughing9:

DeJa

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
mydejavooo said:
Dang! That's a lot of Yen! I'm guessing you have a thriving tourist industry nearby?? :laughing9:

DeJa

Yes... we do have a lot of tourists that come to the island, but MOSTLY this is a result of the fact that nobody here really detects. It's a low-key hobby that is a well kept secret for now. LOTS of money still out there to be found, and since the Japanese have a coinage system that is actually worth something, the money really adds up fast.

mydejavooo

Oct 26, 2011
Hansen, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Whites Spectrum XLT e-series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bobbypins said:
mydejavooo said:

DeJa

Yes... we do have a lot of tourists that come to the island, but MOSTLY this is a result of the fact that nobody here really detects. It's a low-key hobby that is a well kept secret for now. LOTS of money still out there to be found, and since the Japanese have a coinage system that is actually worth something, the money really adds up fast.

Well I really feel a bit like a dork....since I didn't look to see where you were from, so I ASSUMED you were in the US! LOL! Stands to reason that you would actually find Japanese Yen, on a Japanese beach! DOH!! :tongue3:

DeJa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread