worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Au tater, I use my canoe for a float,pretty versatile! Also use a Garrett Sea Hunter. God Bless HH Chris

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 1,165

riverdiver

Sep 27, 2011
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic5 ID
White's Surf Master II with the dive rod
Garrett Treasure Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi au tater,

You could go to the Keene Engineering website as they build complete dredges with the floats and I am sure you could buy two replacement floats and get set up real nice. I have been diving with a Whites Surfmaster II for 15 years now and it is awesome in fresh water.

Attachments

• Whites Surfmaster II with dive handle..jpg
    Whites Surfmaster II with dive handle..jpg
    200 KB · Views: 2,661

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There is a fiberglass "bowl" that is put in a truck inner tube, and that works good. Keene, Brownies, and a few other hookah dealers sell them, and on ebay. You could also put your hookah in an inflatable raft or inflatable boat.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hookah system was from Keene Engineering and it was the full setup for 3 divers but mostly I used it by myself. If your on a public lake I've had boaters try to take the hookah not knowing a diver was below. Ya might need a partner in a boat with a shotgun for these idiots. A really nice outfit can be had from J-Sink http://www.airlinebyjsink.com/

Keene also sells dredges with hookah air supply. http://www.keeneeng.com/

Attachments

• xlstudio2diverthumb.gif
    xlstudio2diverthumb.gif
    13 KB · Views: 1,850

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia
I use floats and a frame for a 3" dredge. I have heard of someone using a pedal boat.
you can also use a couple of 35 gallon plastic barrels and a frame

There is a nice guy on this forum that recommends a frog gig to keep the thieves or saboteurs away.
Apparently rafts start making lots of bubbles and they quickly change their mind about messing with his stuff.

R

McArthurJohn

Jan 12, 2015
McArthur CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX-5000,Minelab GPX-4500, Garrett Infinium, Whites TDI Pro, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Bug, Whites V3I,Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
garrett infinium, honda 5.5 and thomas 263. bould yourself a frame out of 3/4" tubing, mount your compressor and motor on a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate and bolt that to your frame. floatation on a truck tube and hold the frame on with bungee cords. same concept as keenes older style crash box 2" and 2 1/2" dredges and a whole lot cheaper than buying frames and floats,ect and is a lot easier to transport..

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theft from idiots would be my main concern. I wouldn't use one without a buddy to watch my back.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theft from idiots would be my main concern. I wouldn't use one without a buddy to watch my back.
with my electric or gas one would not worry about that if it is running - have to worry more about kids trying to climb on it while youre but
I try not using while there are people in the water - and try having my girlfriend there to tell or yell at anyone looking to screw with it - last year had some a-holes
fishing near it and almost hooking my hose - woman said to my girl - "he shouldn't be out there" = my gal told her - "well if you cause him to drown ..especially after knowing he's out there ...you'll be charged with manslaughter" "plus the signs say no fishing in this area what so ever...so youre breaking the law ...he isn't"

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People sure go out of the way to act dumb!! What did she mean you shouldn't be there? Anybody who pays taxes has a right to enjoy getting out in public waters and enjoying their hobby.. Thank goodness your girlfriend was watching out for you.
People with attitudes cause someone to be injured or die and then want to play dumb to justify it and this is too old. Down South, we say bless their heart, but that's just the nice way of saying you are getting on our last nerve, be advised. Goes right over their head most of the time....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread