Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of all the detectors I ever owned and sold, the only one I regret selling was the Tesoro Sand Shark.

I was finally able to replace it this weekend with a brand new one from Kellyco with the 8" coil (I prefer it to the larger one).

I've got my sand scoop and a good pair of beach shoes, so i'm relly looking forward to heading out to the beaches again.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to the world of the mighty Tesoro - Woot Woot! :headbang:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Everyone that has one says its great-it must be! I had a Tesoro Sting Ray a TR machine years ago. It was very sensitive to any metal, even tiny, tiny bits of foil, but it was too sensitive to saltwater, which is 99.99 percent of what I do, so I sold it. I would find tiny gold, deep gold, as long as it wasnt in saltwater. I used it in saltwater, but it constantly falsed. That was my only Tesoro. I wished I would have picked up a Sand Shark instead of the Stingray. Maybe they didnt have them then.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
prepare for the gold rush smudge,
just yesterday I learnt more with it - had spent ages searching a cut and only getting bobbypins at about 2-3m off cut - but good and deep, 6- 8 inches - couple of heavier targets right at bottom of the cut - but these were on the top... nothing special ... then I realise that there is a secondary cut and gutter at the the extreme low tide mark ... about 8 m down slope and 1ft of wave slop across it already....I jump in .... it was really a beaut drop off, but incoming tide was rushing in .... 10 mins saw shark whale on five targets ... two 50 c coins - heavy, a battery, keys with solid corporate keyring and a large screw. Each one I swore to myself would be a ticket - you know how it is. The wife returned from walk and I had to go.
The SS for me ( and I've never had an excal or white's etc) at the beach it rules. I'll be back to that cut again so long as wind and swell continues. I can feel the gold.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smudge said:
Of all the detectors I ever owned and sold, the only one I regret selling was the Tesoro Sand Shark.

I was finally able to replace it this weekend with a brand new one from Kellyco with the 8" coil (I prefer it to the larger one).

I've got my sand scoop and a good pair of beach shoes, so i'm relly looking forward to heading out to the beaches again.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. :icon_thumleft:

Big Gold to you Smudge! Here's the secret handshake :headbang: :hello2:

Attachments

• SSSHS.jpg
    SSSHS.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 952

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do not leave :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread