Footware help please

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you people that do water hunting in the wet sand and shallow surf after the warm summer season is over.

What kind of footware do you use to keep your feet warm and dry? I'm not looking to go deep surf, but just wet sand and maybe ankle or so deep. I'm not looking for a wet/dry suit, just boots.

I see by photos and videos that most like the boots that are about knee high and either tie or snap to keep the top closed. Who sells the boots that you use?

Upvote 0

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Look into LaCrosse boots.....they make a quality boot and the best thing is that they have a fiberglass shank and not steel that tend to interfere with our searchcoils getting too close.....you can find them by "Googling" them....

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use water shoe offered by a company called Oceanic Worldwide. They are first rate shoes and really protect the feet.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfdigger said:
Look into LaCrosse boots.....they make a quality boot and the best thing is that they have a fiberglass shank and not steel that tend to interfere with our searchcoils getting too close.....you can find them by "Googling" them....
These LaCrosse boots are nice and keep the feet dry. If you don't care about the wet feet, Dive boots that divers wear are comfortable and will keep your feet warm, but you gotta change at the car for the drive home.

Attachments

• dive boots.png
    dive boots.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 587

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Bootfoot waders or waders with soxs..then use the NRS Titanium's...along with wool sox's on the feet..sometimes I use the Air activated Footwarmers also...they get HOT! But sure feel good...

Attachments

• SNAG-0004.jpg
    SNAG-0004.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 571

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You can get booties at a dive shop that fit good, have a textured sole, keep the sand out, and will keep your feet warm. I dont know who makes the knee high ones. I have also seen fishing waders that are made of wetsuit material, they fit good, not baggy, and do keep you warm and dry, and they wont drown you like the rubber ones-they are very dangerous in any kind of surf. Those will fill up with water and you will have a very hard time even moving, let alone getting up and out of the water. I have seen people with a belt around the top, but I wouldnt trust my life on that.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve i ran into Les and Ron a couple of weeks back and Ron told me about a trick for wader wearers. He said he used a garbage back over his head. If you step in to deep... the bag collapses sealing out water long enough for you to get out.

Dew

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mat, I bought LaCrosse knee high boots a couple of years ago and I love them! ( Thank you, Surfdigger!)

They keep the feet warm on those cold/windy winter days of detecting.

Here's the link:

http://www.shoebuy.com/lacrosse-mens-boots/p2.htm

The ones I bought are the LaCrosseZXT Knee boot insulated# 1890210

They are men's boots, but so what....I wear my husband's denim jacket, his sweatshirts, his insulated vests,any of his warm clothes out there in the winter...no fashionista, me! :laughing7:

I hope the link if of help to you.

Lorraine

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a 5mm boot from Mares. Hard sole. Very reasonable in price. Comfortable and warm. I actually use them year round, dry or wet. With over 200 hunts on them this year, they've got super high mileage on them and are still kickin like a chicken!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I buy Redhead white Reef SCUBA boots from Bass Pro Shop for $24.00 or the ECHO Reef boots from Diver's Outlet in Orlando for $35.00. They keep the sand out and protect your feet from sharp shells or broken glass even stepping on a Jellyfish won't harm you.
You can order either one off the Internet. For warmth, wear wool socks as wool will retain heat even if the sock is soaked. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions