worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Gary, Looks like you got the area pretty well down pat man!!!Now,just maybe you'll find another BIG ONE! God Bless HH Chris

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wow! You must have found some places that really got down to bedrock. I know some places over there were eroded more than they have in years from this last storm. Nice finds!

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The amazing thing about this hobby is the chance to hold history in ones hands.

OP
OP
Gary Drayton

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:
Wow! You must have found some places that really got down to bedrock. I know some places over there were eroded more than they have in years from this last storm. Nice finds!
Thanks Steve
I hit this beach hard but it did not suffer that much erosion, I just think that this particular beach is not considered attractive to people searching for modern jewelry so it had not been hunted for quite some time. I was amazed at the amount of old early 1800s finds I recovered as you will see over the next couple of posts.
HH Gary

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary, over the last several posts, you are posting more coins and relic finds than jewelry. Which, btw, nice finds!!!! Question: using the GT have you changed your hunting strategy? Hunting beaches more likely to give up these types of finds? Hunting different areas of the beach, ie, high versus low?

OP
OP
Gary Drayton

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tjc45 said:
Gary, over the last several posts, you are posting more coins and relic finds than jewelry. Which, btw, nice finds!!!! Question: using the GT have you changed your hunting strategy? Hunting beaches more likely to give up these types of finds? Hunting different areas of the beach, ie, high versus low?

Good question and thanks, I always try to hunt according to the beach & water conditions instead of just spinning my wheels hunting the same area of the beach or water no matter what. If you are not a one dimensional beach or water hunter when one area of the beach/water is not looking very good you can simply move to another part of the beach and maybe get lucky. Most beach hunters I see are very repetitive, same area, same time etc. It pays to move around and not get too attached to over hunted popular sites, the more sites you have to rotate the more different kinds of finds end up in your pouch.
HH Gary

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary, so when it comes to beaches, ok to date, dont marry. Great advice!!! THX Gary

oldred53

Greenie
Aug 8, 2009
Ft lauderdale
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I didn't realize musket balls were that big. I would hate to be hit by one of those. Are there a caliber rating for those musket balls?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions