Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am fortunate to have the next 10 days off from work. So I have a feeling that I'll be doing a LOT of detecting since I don't have much else to fill my time with.

I woke up this morning at 5:30am before the sun came up and took a peek outside. It didn't look good, but I could start to see the sun come up in the distance and could tell that the weather today wasn't going to be pretty. The weather report showed thunderstorms and overcast for the next couple of days, so I decided that this morning would be a perfect time to hit the beach on Torii Station.

I've only hunted this beach a handful of times, and it's LOADED with trash. Lots of pulltabs, numerous pieces of aluminum bits (melted?), and all kinds of ointment tube tops. Go figure....

So after I parked the car in the lot, I decided to hit the volleyball court area since it was the first thing on the way to the beach. Two swings into the court, I get a loud signal... very shallow. I put the sunspot on the target and get it out in one half full scoop. But I wasn't expecting to see a plastic easter egg.

I reach down and pick up the plastic egg and it made the unmistakable sound of coins jingling inside. I thought it was intersting to find something like that, but after a couple more feet of hunting, I find another one. Then another... and ANOTHER. It just kept coming. This whole volley ball area had been a hunting ground for those Easter eggs, and I'm the one finding what everyone else missed :icon_pirat:
001-15.jpg

I don't know how many of those eggs I dug, but as you can see, it was quite a lot. Once I finished hunting the volleyball court, I had to go back to the car and dump my pouch because it was so heavy with all the sand and coins :laughing9:

I then decided to give the beach a try and wound up spending a couple of hours in that spot before calling it a day. The finds weren't as great over there and Torii, like I said, has a lot of trash to pick up. I know I had at least a pound of garbage to the meager clad I managed.
003-14.jpg

Once I got home, I washed all the eggs out and separated the coins. I even found 2 eggs that had candy in them still.
Here's the coins just from the eggs...

002-15.jpg

The total take for the eggs was $15.75 in U.S. coins, and an additional 781 Japanese Yen that were mixed in with the coins.

The beach netted me another $2.15 U.S. and 221 Yen.

Totals for the 3 hours came to:

$17.90
1,002 Yen ($13.18)

Thanks for coming by and taking a look. I hope to have some gold soon... so keep an eye out for some more posts.

Upvote 0

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome finds mt friend hope you hit some silver out there maybe even some gold good luck and HH freddy

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now that is some strange findings ;D

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Pipster said:
now that is some strange findings ;D

What's more interesting Phillip, is that since April, I'm the ONLY one to hunt this area. How crazy is that?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread