Thankful

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
You know.... sometimes you just have to step back and take another look. I’ve been moaning and groaning about not finding anything this year and not being able to go out as much as I’d like but... this morning we are supposed to go hunt. Yes, CWB again. That is where my daughter wants to go so that is where we will go. (Since she is paying for the gas) Still... she isn’t up yet and we usually go early in the mornings to beat the heat. Today it doesn’t matter. It is on the cool side and I don’t think it is going to warm up a whole lot anyway. To top that off it will be high tide by the time we get down there unless she doesn’t want to go until later this afternoon. Meanwhile... while waiting.... I decided to take a look at the rings I’ve found this year. I said I haven’t found any gold. Not true! I have 3 - 10k rings, 1 - 14k, and 1 plat ring. I also have 10 silver and 30 junk rings for a total of 45 rings. Not nearly as good as some of the other hunters but still not as bad as I’ve been making out. I need to step back more often and count my blessings. I need to be thankful for what I DO have instead of what I DON'T have! :wink:

Upvote 0

chicepo

Jun 5, 2008
Calabash, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250/Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having what you need is much more important than having what you want. I think the MD Gods will be watching over you today and you will be counting finds this afternoon. Have a great hunt. :coffee2:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I'm just glad I'm in good enough condition that I can get out and about. If I find anything, that's just gravy on top

AdamBuchanan

Jun 22, 2010
Keystone Heights, FL
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring count rocks for the year ! mine is not even close to that but I'm very thankful also ! Good luck today and likewise I'll be hunting this afternoon in some of our dried up lake beds in our area !

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getter done Wanda - THats a respectable ring count for the little bit you've been out - Rock on!

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very good ring count, Mumszie! :hello2:

Good luck out there today.
Lorraine

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your doing well and getting out and about. Good Luck today and everyday. :thumbsup:

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You haven't done bad at all, there are those that wish they found as much as you did. The main thing is going out and enjoy the day , meeting people and being healthy enough to do these things.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You have had a great year, Sometimes we all have to take a step back.........Found out a few years ago, the treasure is good but the sound of the water, Sunrise, the mist, the list is endless. What a Blessing to be there.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good Luck out there today, Mumszie!

I wish there could be less of the junkers .. but you know when you first see it and you're not sure...it sure is a good feeling anyway!

It's been a weird year for me. No Gold rings for over 2 months now ... and at that time I had 6 Gold rings in 3 weeks. I just go out there and enjoy the sunsets and the possibilities!

HH Joe

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mumzie, you have done well, a bunch of gold rings, some silver, meetings with manatees, exercize, friendly meeting of new friends, and now you can start wearing your wetsuit again! I didnt think Spring Hill was too much colder than Sarasota, but I had all the windows open all week, and last night was fairly warm, I had no sheet on me and was sweating, fan on me and with the windows open, it is 80 in the house now, and the house is shaded by a couple big oak trees. Sun is blazing away. I am sure the tourists are swarming the beaches! We all should be thankful!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Bummer! My trip to CWB was a bummer again but not for the reason I usually give. This time my CZ-20 was acting up again and I guess I am going to have to send it in to Fisher AGAIN. **SIGH** It actually started acting up a couple weeks ago when I dislocated my finger. I have been using my dual field most of the other times I've been out which isn't a lot. Today I took the CZ and didn't take my backup. Mistake. It started acting up as soon as I got it turned on. The beach was packed and people were actually IN the water. Boy was I mad at that CZ for letting me down. Ah well.... next time. Something was going on at the beach. There was a huge tent set up and a detour on the road. Lots of people. Should be some good hunting there for someone. I thought about going back tomorrow morning but can't... doctor appointment. By the time I could get back down there the other hunters will have swept the beach clean. Ah well.... next time. Fisher did a good job the last time I sent it in for repair and did it quick so hopefully this time will be just as good. We will see.

Happy hunting to all of you. :wink:

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
You know.... sometimes you just have to step back and take another look. I’ve been moaning and groaning about not finding anything this year and not being able to go out as much as I’d like but... this morning we are supposed to go hunt. Yes, CWB again. That is where my daughter wants to go so that is where we will go. (Since she is paying for the gas) Still... she isn’t up yet and we usually go early in the mornings to beat the heat. Today it doesn’t matter. It is on the cool side and I don’t think it is going to warm up a whole lot anyway. To top that off it will be high tide by the time we get down there unless she doesn’t want to go until later this afternoon. Meanwhile... while waiting.... I decided to take a look at the rings I’ve found this year. I said I haven’t found any gold. Not true! I have 3 - 10k rings, 1 - 14k, and 1 plat ring. I also have 10 silver and 30 junk rings for a total of 45 rings. Not nearly as good as some of the other hunters but still not as bad as I’ve been making out. I need to step back more often and count my blessings. I need to be thankful for what I DO have instead of what I DON'T have! :wink:

gold and platinum are great...but serenity and gratitude are priceless....thanks for reminding me...

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
I have about the same for the year...I have put in 200+ hour for the year...so I think you are doing great.....and there is a month + left to the year :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't sweat it Mumsie.

Its human nature to complain.

If I won the lottery I'd probably complain about having to go to the capital to collect it. ;D

chicepo

Jun 5, 2008
Calabash, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250/Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
And if you try sometime you find
You get what you need