Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a guy come in from the Indy hunting club for a couple of days so we hit the beachs for two days. The ones we decided on seems like a good choice...... well until we started running into others detecting. We thought we were getting there early by 7:30 AM ... but nope one beach had two working the dry sand and and almost had it done. So we moved down the beach with little success. Sat. we worked one of the beaches for longer than i want to say. It hasnt produced much in the past few month according to those that hunt it. He was using the Etrac hitting the dry sand and right off the bat came up with a unusual and very nice SS bracelet with some clear stones. After that we were just picking up junk and clad. We decided to head back to out vehicles late in the afternoon and get some water. At that point we decided to head the other direction. I gave up on the dry sand and jumped in the cold water about waist deep using PP on the Xcal since there were almost no targets in the water not even iron. Almost done and i hit the .925 silver neckless with chain. Then came a very weak signal that wouldnt sound in Disc. So i dug a scoop and got a churp in Disc.... finally poped out the 10K size 13 ring. Great way to end the day. One of those earrings looked really good but i couldnt find a silver mark. I scratch it and it seems like its could be silver over copper. I think i ended up with about $3 in clad. But i did learn one thing about hunting in PP vs Disc. You can find a lot of this cheap jewelry that will null in Disc. It does take time to dig more items.... but i have no doubt id missed that ring.

Dew

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 427
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 425
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 427
Upvote 0

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some very solid finds!! I love getting those real deep whisper signals! About half the time they end up being a goodie :icon_pirat:

Nice weekend for hunting, glad you scored! I managed one RMI 10K ring as well, although yours looks a bit heavier :)

Aaron

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunting, Dewcon4414!

That 10K is a terrific ring find! :headbang:

Lorraine

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaron... mine came off a guy with a pretty good size finger. Hoping this is a sign some of the beaches around here are about to be giving to us.

Dew

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dew,

I hear ya! I'm ready! The Sovereign GT will be here with the WOT on it soon for some deep winter hunting :) Keep up the good work!

Aaron

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice Dew...your on the roll..........

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul, you did well! Ring is my size!! Ken and I hitting the water tomorrow.

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Les...... the beaches we hit were busy with people. Oh, and that was the beach where i got the 5 rings the other day so yep there was a piece of gold there. Looked again... never did find that ladies ring for her. But .... with more people is coming more detectors. We saw at least 5 hunter...... so that Sov with WOT is a good choice. We hunted behind two that had gridded N S E and West on the beach..... but werent looking for change.... or apparently not as deep of change as the Etrac and Explorer was pulling. OBN im starting to like this machine..... but you do have to decide if you want to take the time reverse disc and digging takes over moving quickly thru an area getting what you can knowing you are going to miss some.... but it showed me where nothing is producing that PP improves the odds.

Dew

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice gold ring :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions