If You Only Had a Couple Hours on a Beach

limegoldconvertible68

Mar 18, 2009
Illiniois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 11"DD coil, CZ-21 with 10" coil, Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be hitting some beaches in the Caribbean that I have never been to and have no idea of the usage patterns for these particular beaches. I will only have an hour or two in the morning to detect a beach before moving on. What's the best place to concentrate on with such a limited amount of time? Chest deep water? Knee deep water? Water's edge or where I guess the towel line might be? Obviously I am a complete beach hunting amateur and have no idea where to start at. I will be using a CZ-21. Thanks

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Every beach will be different, but if you can see where the people actually swim and congregate on a beach in the water, would help. I would say from the waters edge to where you cant quite go any further. Some beaches this could be wide. Once you start finding anything of value, keep in that zone , and work it carefully. And if you work the water and still have time, then work the sand. Keep your coil close to the sand, and work slowly, so you make sure you are covering all ground. If there is a place people swing on a rope, jump off a cliff, etc, that would be good too, if you can do it.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally would zig zag from just above the towel line (30 or so yards above the high tide line) down to about 30 yards below the high tide line.

If it's high tide then I would zig zag from the towel line to the water.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
From a few sources you can determine where to hunt.....and how

One thing comes with places you have limited time and know very little about, Research. And the internet has alot to share. Pictures can tell a thousand words.. Youtube Video's........... unlimited..........First Stop.....example....Emerald Beach St. Thomas

Second stop,
would be George Street's web site to see if they have been there, lots of pictures and stories..you may see the beach your planning on hitting in there pictures, how they did it and what to expect...
http://www.streeter.org/community/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index
Couple of pic's from Georges web page albums...

Attachments

• IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 412
  • SNAG-0001.jpg
    SNAG-0001.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 411

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Re: From a few sources you can determine where to hunt.....and how

Wow that looks like an Identical beach I've hunted in Kauai, Hawaii. Same set up, hotels, etc.

OBN said:
One thing comes with places you have limited time and know very little about, Research. And the internet has alot to share. Pictures can tell a thousand words.. Youtube Video's........... unlimited..........First Stop.....example....Emerald Beach St. Thomas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xbXfw_Hl-k&feature=related
Second stop,
would be George Street's web site to see if they have been there, lots of pictures and stories..you may see the beach your planning on hitting in there pictures, how they did it and what to expect...
http://www.streeter.org/community/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index
Couple of pic's from Georges web page albums...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread