Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've been really working hard these last few days trying to score some gold or platinum and tonight it finally happened.

I've been killing the silver over the last week, raking in over 100 grams or so in just a few hunts. It's been nice, but I really want that high dollar stuff in the scoop.

So tonight I head out with my son Kendall and a buddy of mine (Jason). With the low tide being extremely low this week, we arrived way early and start in the dry sand. No complaints from me since I found about 600 yen in short order.

Once in the water though, the Excal and myself start to DOMINATE the 100 yen coins. God bless the Japanese and their $1.25 coins. That stuff adds up quick!!!!!!

I scored a nice fat silver ring pretty quick and managed to pop out a nice looking silver colored ring later in the night that has no markings at all. It came from pretty deep, but without markings, I'm reluctant to call it anything good. It passed the magnet test, and even passed a 14k acid test, but it's so lightweight that I think it's junk.

About an hour or so before we left, I hit a small pocket that had a lot of targets in a small area. I tried to keep track of where signals were coming from, and I pulled out a nice Pt950 wedding band from this area. SCORE!

So here's the booty for the night....

4,295 yen $57
2 silver rings 17g
1 unmarked 'clock' ring -- junke
1 crapper toe ring
1 pair of prescription glasses from the dry sand (no picture). I hope the wife can wear em :tongue3:
and 1 Pt950 ring that weighed in at a nice 5 grams

Enjoy the pictures.... I'm working my way towards that $7,500 Barrett rifle :laughing7:

008-7.jpg

007-9.jpg

004-15.jpg

005-11.jpg

002-19.jpg

001-20.jpg

Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest: