Moaning and groaning

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I quit posting for several reasons. Personal problems, not being able to get out, not finding anything worth posting and mainly because I felt that not only was I bringing myself down by my negative attitude I thought it might bring others down too. That being said….

I warn you not to read any further.

The last time I went hunting I got slammed in the back by a wave as I was getting out of the water and was knocked down. I got a hairline fracture and dislocated my ring finger. I am wearing a splint but I can still hold on to my scoop pretty good. I was alone for this holiday and for the first time since my husband passed away in August. It was great not having someone here all the time and I decided that it was the perfect time to go hunting. I could stay as long as I wanted and didn’t have to hurry home for anyone or anything. Great.

My CZ-20 went on the blink again so I had to send it back in to Fisher for repair for the fourth time! I’ve only had it back for about 5 months when it started acting up again and I haven’t been out hunting very much with it so it beats me why it is doing this. I am hoping that when it gets fixed this time it stays fixed for a while. No problem…. I had my backup machine.

I had a full tank of gas so I went south this morning. It took me an hour and a half to get to where I was going. I was really looking forward to hunting all day long. The day was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold still I did wear my wet suit jacket so I only looked like half a fat bumblebee. The water was absolutely perfect! It was flat. No waves, just a gentle swell now and then but just perfect for hunting. Off I went….

Now I am having a lot of trouble getting used to this backup machine. This is a White’s dual PI machine and I obviously am not suited to this one at all. I keep trying and trying but can’t pinpoint worth a darn with it. Many people have tried to help me with it. I’ve bought several books and read and re-read them. It buzzes all the time and I just can’t get used to it. I “think” I’ve got a hit and start digging, and digging, and digging, and digging and come up with …… NOTHING. So I move on.

I got another hit and this time I decided that if I have to dig the whole gulf bottom up I wasn’t leaving until I got the target. I did get it….

junk1125114.jpg

Next target…..

junk1125112.jpg

Next target….. an off/on switch ?

junk1125115.jpg

Next target…..

junk1125111.jpg

Then I missed a couple more targets, just couldn’t get them and got tired of digging.

Next target…..

junk1125113.jpg

Next target…. Well you get the idea!

Total finds for this morning

junk1125116.jpg

NOTHING! **sigh**

Now… aren’t you sorry you kept reading? ;D

Upvote 0

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there Mums!! Last year i had an awesome year for gold, this year i haven't found 1 gold ticket. i bought a Garrett sea Hunter with some of the proceeds from last season and am having difficulty distinguishing between good and bad targets myself(though the pinpoint works well)...i may go with a Fisher cz unit but after reading about your problems and their recent takeover may have to nix that idea....sorry for your loss in august....have a blessed rest of the year
john

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it's not what you find, it's all about what you HOPE to find and wondering where it came from. just don't give up, the good stuff does come up, just not all the time

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie sorry to hear about your splash down. What was your CZ-20 doing? If it was the buzzing, always clean out the coil cover first before thinking of sending it back. Your use of the PI is the reason I gave up on them as I just got to tired from moving all that sand. I think they are made for divers as there is less small junk out deeper.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie. I'm so sorry to read about your hairline fractured finger...I hope all will be well with that problem ASAP.

Regarding those finds: I've had many days similar to that one; just put it behind you and get out there again as soon as you can....the treasures are there - go get 'em!

Lorraine

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W - If ya wanna meet at the beach one day, will go over your machine and help ya out with it.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ahh see, help is on the way Mumzie, thats super nice of dewguru.. and I hope you heal up fast, boy, do I know that one.. I feel the same way.. but will be better after lower back surgery. hang in there Mumzie and take dewguru up on his help.. hugs to ya.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't fret I found enough wire to build A crab trap get out of the funk it was A beautiful day today :icon_sunny:

Jonnie

jmoe

Nov 19, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Mumszie , Really sorry about your run of bad luck, seems like this old world likes to kick us hard and then do it a couple more times just for fun, but we're tuff,and can usally get up and dust it off. I have,t posted anywhere in quite awhile but I just retired so I hope to be back in the game. Keep us posted on getting your detector fixed. If it's going to be to long maybe I can arrange an excal 800 loaner.

tincansam

Jun 7, 2011
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie i never had the pleasure to meet you but ive read some of your post ,you had a nice day in the salt even thow your not uset to the machine you still got to go out and enjoy FL sunshine, it was like that with me when i got the AT PRO, i would get frustrated until i got it down. i didnt pay attention how nice it was just to be out in the salt. i have trouble walking on land but i know how to float, i'm gonna go and float this weekend out their, hope you go out & give your PI another try, HH :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread