Fresh water lake Round Two

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, I just couldn't let it go without knowing if I would have found more if I would have had my chest waders. Wow, I'm glad I did it even though it was raining. My very first hit was a fits all junk ring and it didn't stop on my first pass at knee to thigh deep. That was the area just out of reach yesterday. I really wish I had a cam corder cause no one will believe how many targets I had and how frequent.... it must have been every 5 feet on that first pass. I got the normal junk, bobbie pins, hair thingys, sinkers and hooks along with fighting a target that turned out to be a 2' piece of 1/2" rebar! I had trouble working chest deep due to the cold water, I couldn't feel my hands so I had to stay waist deep and shallower. I spent a total of 6 hours in that swimming area and it was a good learning experience. When I thought I had it cleaned up, I went in different directions and came up with more stuff. About 4 hours into the hunt, I struggled with a target that turned out to be two targets close together and I almost didn't see them in the scoop. There under my gutter mesh, I saw a dime and something yellow around it.... turned out to be a small 14k diamond ring. A few feet past that I hit a huge Tungsten Carbide ring. Total ring count for the day was 5 which now is my best day, wish that Tungsten Carbide would have been Platinum or Gold!

Well, I'm sure there is more in there but the weather is going to probably stop any futher searching but I dare it to get up to the 40's this week, I'll be back to see if I can milk any more out of there.

HH all
Cliff

Attachments

• IMG_0429sm.jpg
    IMG_0429sm.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 964
  • IMG_0430sm.jpg
    IMG_0430sm.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,001
  • IMG_0431sm.jpg
    IMG_0431sm.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,025
Upvote 0

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice finds again.....i was in a lake on friday...i can relate to the freezing hands when in past waist deep -ouch.... you must have very little competition there or no one else ventures into the water or those that do arent very good hunters...i had several silver earings 2 weeks ago but last friday i got skunked due to the rise of water level from last weeks rains....im sure there are still good finds there to be found...good luck....

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice goin' , CDV 1! :hello2:

Can't wait to see "Round 3" post

Good luck out there

Lorraine

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold and silver keepers. :thumbsup:
Congrats to you. Gold Nuggets :hello:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cliff,
Looks like a sweet spot! Mostly likely a lot more is out there! Maybe get some neoprene scuba gloves, they'll keep your hands warm!!
Congrads on the Gold & Silver!!

SnT

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure found nice place to water. 5 rings in one day is great. The best I ever done was 7. I really like these fresh water hunts....Matt

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Oooooh nice haul, time to bust out the battery powered heated under wader lining!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Hopefully you'll get another crack at it before winter get's into full swing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread