Hispania Silver and Thanksgiving me the Gold!!!

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• o1.jpg
    o1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,147
  • o2.jpg
    o2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,161
  • o3.jpg
    o3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,185
  • o4.jpg
    o4.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,278
  • o5.jpg
    o5.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,249
  • o6.jpg
    o6.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,276
  • o7.jpg
    o7.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,285
  • o9.jpg
    o9.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,274
  • o10.jpg
    o10.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,278
  • o11.jpg
    o11.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,288
Upvote 0
OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SoreKneesDayton said:
Great rings and cool Reale. Are those all Boston area finds?

SKD,
Thanks! Yes all finds were wet sand and water finds at the same spot in Mass!!

SnT

OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
Looking forward to seeing what that 'black' coin looks like after you clean it up.

Don,
The black coin is the 2 Reales!! Found in the water at chest deep! Had a good feeling about the coin cause I could just make out the shield or it was my imagination wanting to see it!! Some might cringe but I had to find out what it is, soooo in the electrolysis it went 2 Min's. then washed with water and I knew I had a reales!!! 1 more min in and then cleaned with dish soap and toothbrush!!!

Thanks again for the proper ID! Love learning the history!!

Snt

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Don,
The black coin is the 2 Reales!! Found in the water at chest deep! Had a good feeling about the coin cause I could just make out the shield or it was my imagination wanting to see it!! Some might cringe but I had to find out what it is, soooo in the electrolysis it went 2 Min's. then washed with water and I knew I had a reales!!! 1 more min in and then cleaned with dish soap and toothbrush!!!

Thanks again for the proper ID! Love learning the history!!

Snt
[/quote]

I have had difficulty getting your kind of results cleaning crusty silver using electrolysis, or any other method for that matter. That was a real crusty coin. What do you use as your electrolyte in the water when you do electrolysis? I have a stainless steel anode and use washing soda as the electrolyte with a very low amp 7 volt power source....... Beautiful finds by the way. HH, Ralph

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
For those real 'crusties', I place baking soda on a patch of tin foil, place the coin on top and fold up the foil (loosely) around the coin-then submerge in distilled water. Watch it 'boil' and check periodically. The coin may, eventually, come out to be a 'razor' (thin), but at least I can then ID it. No doubt some here will cringe.

OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ralph,
Thanks, I use an old cell phone charger (1A output)! Alligator clips stainless steel spoons, knifes ones I have found hunting!
My solution mix is roughly 1/2 lemon squeezed juice and 4 table spoons salt into 1/2 gallon water! Depending on the ticket I will finish with a jewelers silver cleaning cloth(5$). When electrolyzing make sure the ticket is cover with solution and it starts to bubble with in 20 to 40 sec., when it bubbles it's working! Depending on the ticket, I'll let it cook for 3 to 6 Min's. and or repeat if necessary!!

Good luck hope this helps....... SnT

P.S. always unplug power when handling with H2O!!!!!! :o

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I too use a cell phone charger for my power supply. Cost me $1 at a Habitat for Humanity store. I know salt is an effective electrolyte, but I thought that was what you were trying to get out of the silver coin.... Lemon juice is acid so I guess that works too. I will have to try the salt/lemon juice combo on one of my highly tarnished silver items and see how it works. Thanks for sharing. Ralph

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta love the gold but that 2 reale is beautiful ....a reale is on my wish list I dont care which one ;D wtg :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread