Tributary rivers

Whitebeard

Nov 20, 2011
Higher-North-Shore Qc.
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most know that ships sailing across the sea needed to stop along shore to get provisions ex:meat and specially fresh water so they would mostly anchor ship near tributary rivers and stop for a few days to go hunting and doing so would camp out on the beach to stretch their legs and all this to say that it is one type of TH I particularly love, follow St.Lawrence River's shore in my canoe and camping equipment and even go up tributary rivers to explore good places that would indicate fine camping spots.

If you take in consideration that most would camp out in spots where it is fairly windy ( to get away from mosquitoes and black flies) such as river bends with long points of land away from the heavy brush or sowhere they can see wild animals coming that would facilitate their hunt well these places become good spots for TH'ing, you know the saying "never know?" well any place you ask yourself this question is a good place to stop and try out.

Here are pics of few items found in such places. Except for Raven Lamp I know to be of 17'th century I don't know how old other pieces can be but have a fork with genuine ivory handle which I consider a very good find and a lighter that must not be very old but still an interesting find.

PS: For those who are interested on more details about Raven Lamp you can check it out on "my best finds" site and "Could you turn on the light please " posting.

Attachments

• mini-054.JPG
    mini-054.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 751
  • mini-034.JPG
    mini-034.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 763
  • mini-054.JPG
    mini-054.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 749
  • mini-034.JPG
    mini-034.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 761
Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Those are cool finds!

I love what looks like a lamp. That is amazing.

apush :read2:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That's what it takes, knowing what constitutes a good area to look, you will never know till you try, and if you dont try, you will never know. Nice finds!

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whitebeard, those are terrific finds! :headbang:

I love the lamp and the ivory -handled fork! :wav:

Pics are great!

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread