Question for the water hunters

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the near future, I plan on getting a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II. I've already got a long handled aluminum beach scoop. I have all the big things picked out. One small question, what kind of footwear do you folks wear?

Upvote 0

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
willie d said:
In the near future, I plan on getting a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II. I've already got a long handled aluminum beach scoop. I have all the big things picked out. One small question, what kind of footwear do you folks wear?

I wear a pair of slip on "reef walkers" (like them the best) or a pair of zip up "divers booties". Both seem to work well.
Deepsix

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Bass World to get a pair of reef walkers, and they were out of my size, :( , but they had what is called hydromoc there and they were on sale for half off at $19.99, I thought I would try them. So far they work great for me.

Basically they are tennis shoes designed for wear in water. Lots of tiny holes in bottom and sides. I was little worried the sand would build up in them, but so far thats not a problem. Sand seems to seep out the bottom screen holes. I like the arch support they have (I do lots of walking) and they are guaranteed by Bass World for 1 year. I do rinse then good in fresh water when I have been in the ocean.

sandwalker

Greenie
Sep 11, 2006
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt first thing in the morning and the sand is very cool. So, I always go bare foot. <<ladies will relate>> The sand is wonderful for keeping the feeties soft. *smile*

HH
Amy

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've worn almost everything. Used to wear divers boots but now I seem to have settled on wader boots for stocking foot waders. The sole is tough so you don't have to worry about glass or spines coming through the boot. Old tennis shoes work too.

Sandman

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
willie d said:

ol willie d,

I wear of couple of different shoes from time to time depending on what rocks me at the time. The shoe on the left is me dive boot and the shoe on the right is me water shoe. Water shoes are fairly cheap (under 10 bucks) at wal-greens, wal-mart, CVS, etc.

Unless you'd be divin, I'd stick with a neoprene water shoe........ :o

Attachments

• beach-surf shoes003.JPG
    beach-surf shoes003.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 335

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread