Im ready to take the Plunge( Water Detector ) Chug

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm ready

I Just have A special request!!! ( Please )

I'm hearing Impaired!!!! ( Tone deaf mostly ) Right now I depend On the Tone and the Screen to determine if I'm going to Dig or Not I do pretty well if you have seen Our Posts!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I don't have access to test water detector's Near by!!!

What I'm interested in would be Videos with the Sound Of Different Water detectors hitting on gold,silver, coins and Iron (Please)

I don't want to put out 1200.00 on something I might not be able to use!!!!

I'm interested in the following detectors!!

Excalibur II

1280X

Or any Other One the is fully water proof!!!

This post May help others In My situation that May not want to be so Forward!!!

I will Be Making the Purchase Soon Chug!!! Hope You all Can Help

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As good as the 1280 is it may have trouble at saltwater beaches in the wet sand. Its volume is fine though.

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fresh water here, but i Might want to try the Salty stuff soon Thanks!!! Chug

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is that there is no separate tone for each or I would only dig gold. Silver gives a high pitch on most detectors but so do other things, like flattened round aluminium bottle caps. Iron normally gives a lower growl so it can be distinguished from the rest. Best to stop buy a pawn shop and run some items über your detector. I use my gold wedding band as reference sometimes. I'll let the beach people guide you on the rest.

I think others have said lead weight and gold sound alike ---

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find the same with My whites classic ID5!!! I would love to here the tones on the Water detectors!!!! I cant hear the difference between iron and Gold On it!!!! HH chug

I have watched allot of Videos But Cant hear the tone Difference because of the Wind or Poor sound quality!!!!

My local pawn shops don't Have Any Water detectors!!! Thanks Chug

Just for Reference I hunted With some one With an Ace 250 and Had No Issues with the Sounds Blending!!!! I was able to tell them Apart!!! Chug

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello,
i have about 30% hearing loss. i use a excalibur which is plenty loud enough! the cz21 or older cz20 have a great feature called audio boost which makes faint deep targets sound the same(volume level) as shallow targets. i use and would recomend both the fisher cz20/21 and the minelab excalibur. saltwater is not the best for a 1280x. there are videos on ###tube where you can get an idea of how an excal sounds and a cz20/21
what exactly does tone deaf mean? deaf to certain tones or all tones?

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm tone deaf in the Lower tones, No Laughing!!! I can Hear MY wife all the Time( No Don't tell Her ) Allot of the Times When My step Son Is talking Baritone lower voice I cant Make out What He is saying especially if there is allot of Background Noise!!!!

I Have had 2 surgeries on both ears To Remove Tumors!!! and do reconstruction!!! Right ear 20% loss ( This one they used My ear lobe Cartilage to Make New Bones Inside My ear) Left one 40% loss!!!

Any one near buy that would Let Me Listen???? It would be Great!!! ;D ;D Chug

Aka Nameless

Aug 13, 2008
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe look into the Whites Beach Hunter ID 300, a multifreq vlf that allows you to hunt in all metal but with 3 led lights on the control box, red for iron, yellow for gold/foil/pulltabs/etc., and green/blue for higher conductors like silver or copper, one of the leds will light up when you swing over a target. Waterproof to 30 feet, and multifreq so it will work on most saltwater beaches, long as not too badly mineralized.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the AT Pro, which is waterproof. I don't have great hearing, so consider that when I say that it isn't real loud. I use headphones now and have no problem at all. It also has a screen which helps me decide what to dig. It is not super expensive for both a land and water machine. Happy Shopping!

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baylorhall said:
I have the AT Pro, which is waterproof. I don't have great hearing, so consider that when I say that it isn't real loud. I use headphones now and have no problem at all. It also has a screen which helps me decide what to dig. It is not super expensive for both a land and water machine. Happy Shopping!

Is the whole AT waterproof or just the coil?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I would highly recommend the Excalibur II or a CZ 21..both the best as far as VLF water detectors

Excal, hunting in PP mode , checking target in discriminate with remote button

lots of other video's here...On CZ20/21, infinium, and the excalibur..all you can hear the tones..

http://www.youtube.com/user/oldbeechnut?feature=mhee

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all of the responses!!! OBN Your link Was very Helpful Love the Sounds From the CZ20/21

Not sure on the Excalibur sounds as of yet Ill wait for More Info on that one!!

So far the AT Pro And CZ20/21 are at the Top

Here is a Link for the AT Pro video I watched Yes I watched All Of them!!!!

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_at_pro_videos.aspx

worthy

Dec 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro , whites pi , garrett ace 250, c-scope ib
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey chug, i was going to suggest the at pro, but i think aka nameless has a better idea. hh and say helloe to red from me!!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
worthy said:
hey chug, i was going to suggest the at pro, but i think aka nameless has a better idea. hh and say helloe to red from me!!

Thanks I was Just Going to whites site to Check it out Chug The only Problem was I was Going to Make My Purchase From Mike at
Woodland Metal detector sales :hello: :hello: :hello: Hi Mike

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aka Nameless said:
Maybe look into the Whites Beach Hunter ID 300, a multifreq vlf that allows you to hunt in all metal but with 3 led lights on the control box, red for iron, yellow for gold/foil/pulltabs/etc., and green/blue for higher conductors like silver or copper, one of the leds will light up when you swing over a target. Waterproof to 30 feet, and multifreq so it will work on most saltwater beaches, long as not too badly mineralized.

Thanks for the Recommendation!!!

So far Its In the running!!!! still trying to find a Video Of it actually being used With Sound!!! The Light's are actually A good Option!!!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought an AT pro,, Waterproof to 10 ft under, because I do not dive,, I have used it alot on dry land and i love it, it is deep and when you get used to it, it will discriminate very well. I used it at the beach and have done well with it, but it is a bit chattery, ( I always err on the deep side if I can so high sensativity).

My wife has taken it from me now >:( She has all of a sudden decided she wants to try beach hunting!)

So I bought an Excal 2. I have hearing loss but the Excal has variable volume and you can send it on up to the level you like,, I even recognize the aluminum foil when I hear it,, so I dig it a lot (the gold I have found seems about there too).
And darn it , it is as deep as I want to dig in the sand! Very stable! It does not sound off at Iron, it nulls, and the null is a little too long I think, but it kicks butt, if it sounds, I dig! If you do salt, get the Excal!!!!

I believe the At is deeper than my XLT on land, and the Excal slams the Xlt, and the At pro lags the Excal while beating the XLT on the beach.

Good luck!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I Know of 4 AT Pro's that have leaked on the owners. VB Max was one I believe, Two of which I know Garrett replaces them immediately. One great thing about the AT Pro's, they will get the small gold, when the excal's and fishers will swing right over them without a hint.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN said:
I Know of 4 AT Pro's that have leaked on the owners. VB Max was one I believe, Two of which I know Garrett replaces them immediately. One great thing about the AT Pro's, they will get the small gold, when the excal's and fishers will swing right over them without a hint.

Well I do like the At, I keep thinking that the Excal might miss a few small gold because it does not hit iron,, But the Excal is doing very well at the beach!

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug,

I can only speak from experience on the Excal II and the AT PRO. I swing the Excal II currently and it has paid for itself 3 times in just 6 months of casual use. The tones are definitely a learning curve, but the more you use it, the better you get. The AT PRO in my opinion was no where close to the machine the Excal II is. I have found small gold and silver stud earings with the Excal so I can say without a doubt it will pick up the little stuff. The iron bias it has is legendary and when in the water I hunt almost primarily in DISC mode and dig anything that beeps. Foil you will learn will have a very low tone to it, modern clad a high tone(except nickels), and everything in between that has a great chance of being gold(or a pulltab/nickel/lead). My hunting buddy had to tweak his ATP just to pick up a tiny 10K gold and diamond earing on the surface that I found easily with the Excal at depth. I only tell this story because I don't want someone to be led down the same path as me that the ATP is a great saltwater detector. I sold mine in 2 weeks at a loss and bought my Excal II and never looked back. I have since bought a Sovereign and I can tell it is a beast as well! I have no experience with the Fishers so I can't comment on them.

This is all just my opinion so take it as you will.

Happy Hunting!!

Aaron

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all of the Responses and Advise!!!

The excal is still on the top of My list Still Tryring to find a Good Video with Sounds!!!

The whites 300 has Great sounds I wish Mine Had them It would be allot easier to Use!!!

I'm a little worried about the At Pro but its still Up there even with the Leaks, Guess good customer service still Counts :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

This is turning out to be an Excellent Post thanks to all of you Chug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread