From sand to land?

Heavy32

Aug 10, 2010
SETX
Detector(s) used
excalibur II, x-terra 30
Thought this would be a good place to get some advice. Looking to buy a new detector soon and just wanted to know what you guys would go with. My price range is around $400.00 - $800.00 and I'll take one used if its from the right person. I'm looking for a machine that I can take to the beach or lake and yet still work the parks and old home sites with as well. It being water proof would be nice if it can still do the job in the dirt. Would the Excal do well at the park? Or would it be best to water proof a Sov GT? Or is there some MDer you think would fit the bill? Thanks Heavy

Upvote 0

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Heavy32 said:
Thought this would be a good place to get some advice. Looking to buy a new detector soon and just wanted to know what you guys would go with. My price range is around $400.00 - $800.00 and I'll take one used if its from the right person. I'm looking for a machine that I can take to the beach or lake and yet still work the parks and old home sites with as well. It being water proof would be nice if it can still do the job in the dirt. Would the Excal do well at the park? Or would it be best to water proof a Sov GT? Or is there some MDer you think would fit the bill? Thanks Heavy

The Excalibur works great at the park, if your shoulder can handle it. The Excal is also quite a bit more than the upper limit of your price range. The Sov GT is the same machine, just lighter, less expensive, not-waterproof and meter compatible. I would consider the Garrett AT-Pro. The AT is light, waterproof to 15feet, and has a lot of features found on more expensive machines. Everyone who has one seems to love it! Best part, they are only about $600 new!
Good luck and HH,
-Ox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread