New Sea hunter II test.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought a Garrett Sea Hunter II from Cracker John down in FL. (Great guy to do business with by the way) but until now I haven't been able to get out to the beach to test it out.
I thought it was going to be a great day to hunt, low tide was at noon and sea swells were predicted to be 15+ feet with winds at 100+clicks (60 MPH) but unfortunately the winds were off shore when I got there. I only stayed for around 20 min. because I was getting sand blasted but in that time I managed to find a dollar coin. I'd say that was a good test, can't wait to try it again.

Attachments

• p_00104.jpg
    p_00104.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
better days are coming....

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might have to head on down to sunny Florida.
ZDD

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dave that pic looks real nice and calm, but I can see the offshore winds have it all roiled up out there. It must have been real cold! Do some tests with your detector, get a small gold ring, some different coins, US nickel, and dime, tiny piece of foil, pop top, iron nail, and see how it air tests them all, and if any different sounds come out of it. The real test will be small gold jewelry, you want as low Disc as you can go, unfortunatly the Garretts have the disc thing, and that should not be used, as you lose gold jewelry first. See where gold jewelry is found the best, and try to keep it in that setting. And also remember that if air testing you find a coin at 12 inches, if it is in salt wet sand, it will go even deeper-the soil and sand and saltwater make the electrical field work even better, and they go deep in that. Much deeper than just through air.

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:
Dave that pic looks real nice and calm, but I can see the offshore winds have it all roiled up out there. It must have been real cold! Do some tests with your detector, get a small gold ring, some different coins, US nickel, and dime, tiny piece of foil, pop top, iron nail, and see how it air tests them all, and if any different sounds come out of it. The real test will be small gold jewelry, you want as low Disc as you can go, unfortunately the Garretts have the disc thing, and that should not be used, as you lose gold jewelry first. See where gold jewelry is found the best, and try to keep it in that setting. And also remember that if air testing you find a coin at 12 inches, if it is in salt wet sand, it will go even deeper-the soil and sand and saltwater make the electrical field work even better, and they go deep in that. Much deeper than just through air.
That's good info there Steve, Thanks.
I will do some air testing this weekend with it, I am hoping to get out to a beach in Jan. with it. The beach is a 5 hour drive but I am hoping it is worth it. Many years ago several gold coins from the 1700s were found there, and I know there was a British ship go down close by in the 1700s. I talked to Bob Marx about it once because I know he spent time looking for it as well.
Maybe I will get lucky, who knows.
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread