Q train to Coney Island - 2hrs - NY loot maybe :) :) - a differebt lane :)

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
Did you check if you need a permit for Coney Island? In most of NY you need a MD'ing permit for different areas. Good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, how much is that permit?

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
when i hunted in ny,nj, and pa. the places that you needed a permit you just fill out the form name address with ur dl number, it was free, may of change now?

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OH GOD, I JUST PUKED! :o

When I travel and go to a beach, call me a renegade, the defiant one, the lone ranger, etc etc, but I'll detect without a stinkin permit..... ::)

GOOD LUCK AT CONEY! 8)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I were out for ride today, we went by a county park near here I saw sign for just so I could look and see if it was worth hunting. I stoped and asked the ranger there about metal detecting, she told me it is allowed, but you have to have a permit.

Turns out they only allow, (no charge) a maximum of 20 permits a year. I asked how many were registered, she counted and said 19. I am number 20.

Only bad thing is you cant hunt the water, and you can only get to within 6 feet of the water. The park contains the the spring that forms Rock springs and emptys into a river 3 miles away. .

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
down here in Tn you need a permit to hunt all tva lakes.it is free and good for 2 years but they do a very extensive background check and if you are not clean you wont get one! it is a picture ID like a drivers license.and if you get cought without it..they confiscate your detector on the spot!

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dixie Digger said:
down here in Tn you need a permit to hunt all tva lakes.it is free and good for 2 years but they do a very extensive background check and if you are not clean you wont get one! it is a picture ID like a drivers license.and if you get cought without it..they confiscate your detector on the spot!

Wow dixie, looks as if i'll never swing a coil in TN! :o

I will never bend-over for anyone for a stinkin permit....... ::)

Good luck with your prospects in TN........ 8)

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I like the idea of a permit. It might keep the people that are destroying this hobby from causing more havoc. Think about it, if you are not a serious hunter you won't even attempt to get one, that leaves more area available to those that do get a permit. Sounds like it could be rather exclusive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread