Best night out thus far

Soup

Sep 26, 2011
Okinawa, Japan
Decided to head out last night, even though I had work early in the morning. Good thing I did too. Best night so far for me. Went to the spot Nate, Jason and I found the other day that we pulled a lot of change from. I spent 3 hours of non stop pulling, I am talking about every foot or so the Sand Shark was buzzin. Below is what I found, was a great night but a bad day at work ha ha. Good luck

1 PT900 ring (12g)
2 Silver rings ( 1 huge one)
some kind of crown
8,573 yen ($114)

Attachments

• Monday Hunt 001.JPG
    Monday Hunt 001.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,412
  • Monday Hunt 002.JPG
    Monday Hunt 002.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,421
  • Monday Hunt 003.JPG
    Monday Hunt 003.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,433
Upvote 0

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome rings you got there. A banner hunt for sure!

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Beautiful Plattie Soup, congrats :icon_pirat:

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing hunt :notworthy: :notworthy:

Why do you suppose you find so much Platinum over there? It seems like a lot comes from those japanese beaches! Is it more popular than gold over there?

Aaron

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wished they would do away with the dollar and five dollar bill.... can you imagine the kind of day we could have? $114 day wow. Thats one nice ring you got there also. How hard is it to clean and turn their coins in over there?

Dew

OP
OP
Soup

Soup

Sep 26, 2011
Okinawa, Japan
stpauli914 said:
Why do you suppose you find so much Platinum over there? It seems like a lot comes from those Japanese beaches! Is it more popular than gold over there?

Actually not really sure, it does seem to me that they like Plat more than gold. Maybe Nate has a better answer?

Rob

OP
OP
Soup

Soup

Sep 26, 2011
Okinawa, Japan
dewcon4414 said:
I wished they would do away with the dollar and five dollar bill.... can you imagine the kind of day we could have? $114 day wow. Thats one nice ring you got there also. How hard is it to clean and turn their coins in over there?

Nate told me a quick way to clean them so not too bad. I have 2 methods to clean now, soak the really dirty ones in CLR, rinse and use Dremel to clean up. Other way is put all like 500, 100, and 50 coins in plastic bottle use salt and white vinegar and shake, shake, shake, rinse and done. I have not had any issues using the money to buy stuff.

Rob

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Soup"er finds, Soup! :headbang:

The rings are beautiful...especially that Plat. :hello2:

Keep 'em comin'!

Lorraine

ottawadigs

May 11, 2011
Ottawa
that crown is very stange

did you test for diamond or precious gem?
very strange object, maybe its very old?

cool finds

OP
OP
Soup

Soup

Sep 26, 2011
Okinawa, Japan
ottawadigs said:
that crown is very stange did you test for diamond or precious gem?
very strange object, maybe its very old?

I do not have anything to test with yet. I just recently got into all this fun. Once I get to the States, I will check it out. For now I am just collecting anything that is not junk and keeping it. It did look weird when I saw it in the scoop, it reminded me of Crown Royal I used to drink when I saw it.

Rob

ianth

Greenie
Feb 21, 2011
Soup,
Nice to meet your acquaintance and WTG on the rings and coin hauls. I've played around for years trying to clean the thousands of coins I find in Japan annually and discovered a cheap and effective toilet cleaner which gives excellent results called San Paul (see picture). It is actually a slightly geled formulation containing HCL acid. I usually tumble the silver-looking denominations together with about a couple tablespoons of San Paul and aquarium gravel for about an hour. Results are great. I take an additional step of using a vibratory (dry medium of crushed walnut shells) tumbler which puts a nice polish on the coins.
Japanese have strong beliefs regarding marriage and the higher value of platinum reflects this; platinum, not gold, is the norm for wedding bands. Good news for MDer's here in Japan. When I started hunting here almost 20 years ago at the hight of the bubble, almost all gold was 18kt. These days, tungsten, stainless steel, and other types of rings are taking a share out of the noble metals. White gold has increased in usage as the poor man's wedding band.

Since US currency was used for almost two decades after the war, do you and Nat get your share of older silver coins. Have you tried hunting some of the smaller local islands? What about ordinance? I've got a nice pile of 20mm AA taken from the local beaches. Probably dumped offshore after the war.

Link to picture of San Paul bottle:
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41z3zBoFTgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ian

OP
OP
Soup

Soup

Sep 26, 2011
Okinawa, Japan
ianth said:
Since US currency was used for almost two decades after the war, do you and Nat get your share of older silver coins. Have you tried hunting some of the smaller local islands? What about ordinance? I've got a nice pile of 20mm AA taken from the local beaches. Probably dumped offshore after the war.

Ian

Ian, thank you so much for the information. I have not found very many American coins at the beaches. I found some on base before when I used to do land. On the ammo part I have found some bullets from time to time, and most of the time give those to Nate. I have not been to any of the smaller islands and doubt I will as I am going back to the States soon, but who is to say I might 10 years from now ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread