Great 1st Experience with ARA!!!!

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I sent a couple ounces of 10K and 14K gold to ARA. Mostly common wedding bands etc. Weighed everything and took into consideration the stones. Got my settlement the other day and it was right on what I expected(actually a bit more). All stones came back and I was very impressed with the service and turn around. Christmas shopping $$!!! I will be using them again soon!!

HH,
Aaron

Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaron, I also deal with ARA, and I find them to be honest , efficient, polite, and always available to answer any questions that I need to have answered.

Lorraine

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Also :icon_thumleft: for ARA.

I've used them twice now and am very pleased.

Has anyone used their option to get a quote on the diamonds and jewels? I got a bag of 2 dozen or so diamonds this last time. Most were chips but about 10 were close to 0.10 carats.

HH Joe

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a sidenote, it looks like I sent it in at the right time! Gold was $1745/oz when I got my settlement!

Aaron

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaron,
What did ARA pay per pennyweight on 14 K when it was at the $1,745 $ / oz. ?
If its polite to ask?
I don't like sending my goodies in the mail if it is not cost effective.
Thanks Aaron.
Gary G.

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is not a way to tell what they paid on just the 14K since I sent a combo of 10K and 14K. The process they use melts it all using a chemical process and then they are able to assay the lot and pay based on that. So lets say you sent exactly 10 grams each of 14K and 10K, you would be paid based on 20 grams of 12K. They pay 98% of spot which is the best you will find. I use this calculator a lot and it is how I determined how much I should get and like I said, I got more than expected. That is most likely because on the older gold that is stamped 14K it may indeed be more like 15K, see what I mean.

http://www.dendritics.com/scales/metal-calc.asp

Hope that helps. Plus when you call them, you get a live person that is happy to answer any of your questions. I called before I sent it in and after the gentleman took a good 5 minutes of his time explaing how they do it, I felt more than comfortable sending it to them.

Aaron

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARA gets all my gold. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaron,
I thought I did well when gold was at $1,870 / oz.
I got $44.oo / dwt when actual value was $54 / dwt. (very good for a pawn shop)
However, that was 82% of spot value.
Looks like my next cash out will be with ARA ! I should have listened to some other detector guys I ran into.
Unfortunately, doesn't look like spot will hit $1,870 / oz for a long, long time.
Thats ok though, Ring box looks good and I don't have to cut my wifes fingers off! :)
Did you send it Registered mail and Insured?
Thank you. Very helpful.
Gary G.

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, registered and insured. Postage was around $18 bucks.

Aaron

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to use Midwest Refineries but don't anymore even though they are close to me. They only accept gold by mail for security now so it is no advantage to sell to them. They only pay 96% of spot and you don't get any stones back enen if you ask for them. They even tell you some of the stuff you send them is only gold plated when you tested it for purity. :angry5:

SoCalJohn

Greenie
Nov 4, 2007
Sandman said:
They even tell you some of the stuff you send them is only gold plated when you tested it for purity. :angry5:

I hear you loud and clear Sandman. Midwest did the same thing to me once and I don't trust them a bit.

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions