Im Still Kicking The Beach Sand

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Still Kicking The Beach Sand

Since I have received a couple IMs asking me if I am okay I just wanted to let those interested know, I am still here, and still healthy, just life's problems plus I just haven't posted as much lately due to meager finds.....Last good find was a silver wedding band last week... I was depressed for about 4 weeks because my favorite nephew pass away a week before Thanksgiving for colon cancer at the young age of 45............

People, please get your annual checkups, there is no reason to die of something that can be cured if you get your yearly doctor checkups..... My nephew passed away a week after finding out he had colon cancer, doctors told him if he had come in 6 months earlier they probably could have saved him.. I asked him if he every went to the doctor for a check up and he told me no. He said he couldn't get insurance for awhile and when he got a job that had insurance he decided it was too expensive and didn't take it...

You can get a PSA test for about $25-$40 if nothing else at least get that......

Life is too short, don't make it shorter............ :(

Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm Still Kicking The Beach Sand

Treasure Hunter, I am sorry to read of the passing of your young nephew.

Please accept Hank's and my deepest condolences on your precious loss.

Take care

Lorraine

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

I'm very sorry for your loss.

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro

Treasure Hunter, my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your nephew. I lost my wife of 24 years to colon cancer 8 years ago. She was 46 years old. Your advice is sound and on the money. A simple test could prolong your life. Colon cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death of all cancers. Get a checkup folks, don't delay.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good seeing you around and right with the world, sorry about your loss.

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure hunter,
Do all the things you can while you can! Your darn right it is a quick trip on earth. It was hard for me to go Scuba Detecting after finding my dad stiff and cold sitting in a chair. It was on a very windy morning and I decided to go scuba detecting first and check on Dad after. I can't help but think if I was to check on Dad first, he may still be with us. (He had a touch of warmth on his head when I found him) It took me a while but I broke my guilt and got rolling again. There are things that happen that just happen. My motto is, "Every Day is a Good Day and Never Give Up"!
So keep pushing and I'm sure that's the way your Nephew would want you to be - Never give up!
With deep sympathy,
Gary G.
Now get out there and find a jaw opener!

snooksion

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

i know the feeling. my brother just died of the same thing he was 39 .1 year older than me

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad to hear you're still with us. Very sorry for your loss.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Live your lives.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sorry to hear that!!!!
keep hunting and posting.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry for your loss. Yes a simple checkup can help you stay alive longer. I am one of the lucky ones!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Always a welcome site, to see your post..yours and the Sandmans..........Life is a challenge, good to see your well.. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I want to say thanks for all the well wishes, it is greatly appreciated.......Life goes on, we all are on a road that has the same ending, trick is to enjoy the ride for as long as possible..... ;D

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II

Treasure_Hunter said:
Since I have received a couple IMs asking me if I am okay I just wanted to let those interested know, I am still here, and still healthy, just life's problems plus I just haven't posted as much lately due to meager finds.....Last good find was a silver wedding band last week... I was depressed for about 4 weeks because my favorite nephew pass away a week before Thanksgiving for colon cancer at the young age of 45............

People, please get your annual checkups, there is no reason to die of something that can be cured if you get your yearly doctor checkups..... My nephew passed away a week after finding out he had colon cancer, doctors told him if he had come in 6 months earlier they probably could have saved him.. I asked him if he every went to the doctor for a check up and he told me no. He said he couldn't get insurance for awhile and when he got a job that had insurance he decided it was too expensive and didn't take it...

You can get a PSA test for about $25-$40 if nothing else at least get that......

Make sure your doctor is performing the PSA tests. I lost a good friend last year who had a history of prostate cancer. He got a PSA test every year or so he thought, it seems his doctor forgot one year and they buried him because of it. Rick :coffee2:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rockin Chairs Gold said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Make sure your doctor is performing the PSA tests. I lost a good friend last year who had a history of prostate cancer. He got a PSA test every year or so he thought, it seems his doctor forgot one year and they buried him because of it. Rick :coffee2:

I have started doing the PSA tests every 6 months. Last test my PSA level was 1/4 of a point..... Every one should at least get a PSA test yearly....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread