Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RTG pro aluminum, 6 inch, long handle is what I use.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a Diablo Scoop man, but they are still in the works. I really think the equal to is either a RTG Aluminum with SS tip, or Stavr's SS from russia, here is a picture of Zeemans, Stavr's Scoop, very light weight and durible.

Attachments

• P191211_09.50[1].jpg
    P191211_09.50[1].jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 2,343

stilldiggin65

Nov 21, 2009
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the name of the starvscoop you have in the pic. I am looking at getting the Monstrik-6 from starvscoop . It is the one with the smallest holes in it .it has 6.4mm holes . Please let me know what the scoop you have in the pic is called . How long did it take to get to you . I have a couple of months before I can get in the water.thanks

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used a lot of different scoops and have settled on the Sunspot Stealth. http://www.gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html I like OBN's scoop too and a lot goes by the area your hunting and type bottom. Dry sand I like a screen type scoop.

Attachments

• RTG Beachmaster water scoop.jpg
    RTG Beachmaster water scoop.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,523
  • RTG Beachmaster water scoop.jpg
    RTG Beachmaster water scoop.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,546

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
techtony said:
My wife gave me the best Christmas gift EVER! I got an Excal II from Ms. Santa! I took it to Dauphin Island today and found two necklaces and 1 loop earring. All i have is a sifter and a trowel... please give me your opinion as to what is the best long handled scoop and where do you suggest ordering it through.

You can't go wrong with a STAVR scoop.

ivanll

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
stilldiggin65 said:
What is the name of the starvscoop you have in the pic. I am looking at getting the Monstrik-6 from starvscoop . It is the one with the smallest holes in it .it has 6.4mm holes . Please let me know what the scoop you have in the pic is called . How long did it take to get to you . I have a couple of months before I can get in the water.thanks

Likely a EVROEXCAVATOR!

I'm using a 5 GRANIK-2, works like a charm on hard packed sand.
Postage around 3 weeks.
Inserted a SS screen to catch the small items when water hunting, it paid of on my last hunt as I got my first water hunt ear stud.

Have a Monstik-6 (M-6) on order as I like the small holes,................... just waiting on Ruslan to get it done.
Perhaps if there were more M-6 orders/users there would be more production of this model.

PC125523.jpg

PC175538.jpg

Project1-1.jpg

PC275615_600.jpg

ivanll

snooksion

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
best scoop i ever used. went hunting one day with a buddy forgot my old scoop. he had a brand new rtg 6. the worst scoop ive ever seen in my life,it was so bad you couldnt get the target.after 3 hours i gave up on it.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snooksion said:
best scoop i ever used. went hunting one day with a buddy forgot my old scoop. he had a brand new rtg 6. the worst scoop ive ever seen in my life,it was so bad you couldnt get the target.after 3 hours i gave up on it.
Why couldnt you get the target?

Stumppass

Nov 14, 2010
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II WOT coil / Minelab Excalibur 800 /Minelab Excalibur II 1000 / Pro Pointer
I just ordered the EVROEXCAVATOR last week!

Stay tuned!!

Stumppass

Nov 14, 2010
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II WOT coil / Minelab Excalibur 800 /Minelab Excalibur II 1000 / Pro Pointer
Where did you find the fiberglass pole for the Starv Scoop?

Thanks!

ivanll said:
stilldiggin65 said:

Likely a EVROEXCAVATOR!

I'm using a 5 GRANIK-2, works like a charm on hard packed sand.
Postage around 3 weeks.
Inserted a SS screen to catch the small items when water hunting, it paid of on my last hunt as I got my first water hunt ear stud.

Have a Monstik-6 (M-6) on order as I like the small holes,................... just waiting on Ruslan to get it done.
Perhaps if there were more M-6 orders/users there would be more production of this model.

PC125523.jpg

PC175538.jpg

Project1-1.jpg

PC275615_600.jpg

ivanll

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SunSpot sells that pole. Or the dealer that sells sunspots does.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Stumppass said:
Where did you find the fiberglass pole for the Starv Scoop?
Thanks!

Fibreglass handles can be found on imported "Made in China" gardentools like shovels, at some Hardware stores and Kmart. (in Australia)
I got this Posthole Digger at a hardware store because it was longer than on a shovel and I needed 2 handles as I'm expecting another StavR (M-6) scoop.

Handle only is 1lb 10oz (750gram) is hollow but plugged in both ends so it will stand near upright when in chest deep water.
The NUPLAGLAS handle is solid and heavier, it will not float, but it was purchased separately at a somewhat higher cost, but have served some 20+ years.

Best scoop is the one we are most comfortable with and fit our use .........guess there are lots of best scoops out there.

FibreglassHandle.jpg

ivanll

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivanll.... what did you plug the hollow one with? Ive got a big RTG but its a pain in the shells with wanting to turn and in neck deep water its no fun. Anyone got a video on those straight handle scoops... i understand you dont use your body to pop them out... you lift them up. Sounds a lot heavier to do and i dont know about them not having very much on the top to keep targets in the scoop.... id think you cant shake them well.

Dew

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
The Posthole Digger handles are factory reinforced with resin in the bottom to the red line, this is also the plug.
Top part have a plastic cap under the rubber grip, it got sealed with silicon.

In neck deep water I use a scoop with twin handle.

ivanll

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread