Ace 250 on salt water beach

Soup

Sep 26, 2011
Okinawa, Japan
I am not sure about the 250, but I used to use my 350 on the dry sand in Japan. The closer I get to the water I had to take down the sens down to a 2, which would only go down about 2-4 inches. On the dry sand I could keep it at a 4 or 5. Hope that helps.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace 250 will work well in the dry sand but it is the wet sand that will give it trouble at the same sens settings. Since you don't have ground balance your mostly out of luck except in the dry sand.

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contrary to what people say, the Ace 250 can be used effectively on a Saltwater Beach. Watch this video for the setup: I have used this detector on the beach with these settings with success. Good luck.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used an Ace 250 for a number of months and it works great in the dry sand. It's horrible in the wet sand. The only way to make it shut up the extreme falsing is to drop the sens. waaaaaaaay down. Doing so comes at a loss of depth and sensitivity, both of which you want in that environment. This based on the gulf coast of central Florida.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, as you can see, it depends. It depends on your machine and coil, how you use it and what beach you are on. I have had my 350 now on three east coast beaches and found that for the most part I can run close to 100% in the dry and not much problem in the wet sand by turning it down in the 70-80% range on sensitivity. Now when the coil touches the water or very wet sand, it does go screwy.
Take it with you and give it a try, you may be pleasantly surprised how well it may work there. Just don't get it wet!

Cliff

OP
OP
bowhunter543

bowhunter543

Oct 15, 2011
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the responses. I have the stock coil and the 10"x14" DD EXCelerator Coil that I got late last fall, which do you think will work better?

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the 10 x 14 coil, our beaches are big with a lot of ground to cover.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread