Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    11,982
    2556 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: looking to buy long handled beach scoop for fla. help me decide

    Quote Originally Posted by Can Slaw
    Quote Originally Posted by lookindown
    Quote Originally Posted by snooksion
    used sunspot for years .both scoops broke. both were brand new. i used a rtg stainless 6 or 7 inch dont know which. but the worst scoop ive ever used. you could not wish a target in that scoop 8hrs of hunting 1penny and the place was solid targets .i was so aggrivated with that scoop i will never use one again.went to a easier beach to dig same situation.i got so aggrivated i made a rule i will dig 10 scoops on a target if i cant get it before 10 i leave it .got zero targets.and there was a good amount of targets. a scoop makes the difference if you get gold or not.
    Sounds like the scoop wasnt the problem.
    You don't know Snooksion...that guy can find and DIG gold better than anybody on this coast. I think he knows what he is talking about.
    Just doesn't know how to convey it properly I guess? I've never had a scoop lose a target for me. I've found small earrings in mine before. No problem.
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

  2. #17
    us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    5,171
    2450 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: looking to buy long handled beach scoop for fla. help me decide

    Quote Originally Posted by Can Slaw
    Quote Originally Posted by lookindown
    Quote Originally Posted by snooksion
    used sunspot for years .both scoops broke. both were brand new. i used a rtg stainless 6 or 7 inch dont know which. but the worst scoop ive ever used. you could not wish a target in that scoop 8hrs of hunting 1penny and the place was solid targets .i was so aggrivated with that scoop i will never use one again.went to a easier beach to dig same situation.i got so aggrivated i made a rule i will dig 10 scoops on a target if i cant get it before 10 i leave it .got zero targets.and there was a good amount of targets. a scoop makes the difference if you get gold or not.
    Sounds like the scoop wasnt the problem.
    You don't know Snooksion...that guy can find and DIG gold better than anybody on this coast. I think he knows what he is talking about. ave no trpth an RTG
    If thats the case, then I just took over the title of best digger on the West coast. I have no trouble with an RTG 6 inch. Imagine what I could do with a good scoop.

  3. #18
    us
    ARRG

    Feb 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword.
    1,949
    75 times
    Shipwrecks

    Re: looking to buy long handled beach scoop for fla. help me decide

    I have a 6" RTG stainless and have had it for 16-17 years. So I know how to use it. I have worked with snooksion , with his regular 8" SunSpot and his 8" sugar sand model. He is scooping and getting, and showing rings to me, while I am digging and digging. He didnt use my scoop, but I know who's he did and it is about the same as mine. I have been thinking of getting a big, wide, wood handled scoop for a while. They really impressed me. They are used differently, I know snooksion broke his 2 and had them fixed and just got them back. I know he knows how to use them, and they cant be overpowered or they will break. My RTG stainless hasnt even had a slight bend or anything. But I often have to scoop quite a few times. But to get the most in a scoop, the SunSpot has to be it. I am sold. For the dry sand a mesh scoop is good. For the wet sand a regular shovel would be best. Scoops dont do so good on the hard , wet sand. You basicly scoop it up and dump it and break it apart. Pain in the butt.

  4. #19
    us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    5,171
    2450 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: looking to buy long handled beach scoop for fla. help me decide

    Ive never heard anything bad about the stealths...the bigger the scoop, the less digging. I just thought he was being a little over dramatic about how bad the RTG was. No doubt an 8 inch Sunspot will do better than a 6 inch RTG.

  5. #20
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    11,982
    2556 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: looking to buy long handled beach scoop for fla. help me decide

    Quote Originally Posted by lookindown
    Ive never heard anything bad about the stealths...the bigger the scoop, the less digging. I just thought he was being a little over dramatic about how bad the RTG was. No doubt an 8 inch Sunspot will do better than a 6 inch RTG.
    With this we can all agree on. Size does matter. Ask the ladies!
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

  6. #21
    Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

    Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    11,986
    2106 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: looking to buy long handled beach scoop for fla. help me decide

    The screen scoops work well on the dry sand and even they could be wider. Using those on the wet is a waste of energy as you can't shake them enough to get the sand out, best to just dump it to kick it apart. Or if your close to the water let a wave wash out the sand. For the water I think the Sunspot is best expecially with the bent yellow handle as you don't have to lean over as far to get a bite of sand.
    http://www.gold-scoop.com/hybrid-handle.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hybrid-hand3.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	61498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hybrid-hand3.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	609986  
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

  7. #22

    Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    Xcal, Minelab SE, DFX, MXT
    1,402
    526 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

    Re: looking to buy long handled beach scoop for fla. help me decide

    Sorry CS he confused me a little as well. He indicated he had used sunspot for year and BOTH BROKE and that he couldnt get anything to stay in an RTG bucket. So what digger does he use and like? Since i switched to a 90 degree handle i have to say no more floater leaving the bucket. Pennies seemed to be the worth seems like i was always chasing them with the RTG. Not to mention in hard pan or shells it tended to turn on me. BUT .... im fairly new to the learning curve and didnt get rid of my RTG. Just like detectors you can get used to anything.... but the time spent chasing a target does take away from covering ground. The holes also make a difference in shells.... if you cant shake them out you have to dig thru them. Others just dont chase tiny targets and prefer to go after the big money makers and cover as much beach as possible. Surprising how something so simple can make your life miserable out there.

    Dew
    Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.

  8. #23
    us
    Nov 2007
    So Gulf Coast, FL
    Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
    461
    45 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

    Re: looking to buy long handled beach scoop for fla. help me decide

    Quote Originally Posted by lookindown
    Quote Originally Posted by Can Slaw
    Quote Originally Posted by lookindown
    Quote Originally Posted by snooksion
    used sunspot for years .both scoops broke. both were brand new. i used a rtg stainless 6 or 7 inch dont know which. but the worst scoop ive ever used. you could not wish a target in that scoop 8hrs of hunting 1penny and the place was solid targets .i was so aggrivated with that scoop i will never use one again.went to a easier beach to dig same situation.i got so aggrivated i made a rule i will dig 10 scoops on a target if i cant get it before 10 i leave it .got zero targets.and there was a good amount of targets. a scoop makes the difference if you get gold or not.
    Sounds like the scoop wasnt the problem.
    You don't know Snooksion...that guy can find and DIG gold better than anybody on this coast. I think he knows what he is talking about. ave no trpth an RTG
    If thats the case, then I just took over the title of best digger on the West coast. I have no trouble with an RTG 6 inch. Imagine what I could do with a good scoop.
    If you are the best...can you compare gold finds to Snooksion?

  9. #24
    us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    5,171
    2450 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: looking to buy long handled beach scoop for fla. help me decide

    Quote Originally Posted by Can Slaw
    Quote Originally Posted by lookindown
    Quote Originally Posted by Can Slaw
    Quote Originally Posted by lookindown
    Quote Originally Posted by snooksion
    used sunspot for years .both scoops broke. both were brand new. i used a rtg stainless 6 or 7 inch dont know which. but the worst scoop ive ever used. you could not wish a target in that scoop 8hrs of hunting 1penny and the place was solid targets .i was so aggrivated with that scoop i will never use one again.went to a easier beach to dig same situation.i got so aggrivated i made a rule i will dig 10 scoops on a target if i cant get it before 10 i leave it .got zero targets.and there was a good amount of targets. a scoop makes the difference if you get gold or not.
    Sounds like the scoop wasnt the problem.
    You don't know Snooksion...that guy can find and DIG gold better than anybody on this coast. I think he knows what he is talking about. ave no trpth an RTG
    If thats the case, then I just took over the title of best digger on the West coast. I have no trouble with an RTG 6 inch. Imagine what I could do with a good scoop.
    If you are the best...can you compare gold finds to Snooksion?
    I said best digger...not finder.

  10. #25
    us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    5,171
    2450 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: looking to buy long handled beach scoop for fla. help me decide

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman
    The screen scoops work well on the dry sand and even they could be wider. Using those on the wet is a waste of energy as you can't shake them enough to get the sand out, best to just dump it to kick it apart. Or if your close to the water let a wave wash out the sand. For the water I think the Sunspot is best expecially with the bent yellow handle as you don't have to lean over as far to get a bite of sand.
    http://www.gold-scoop.com/hybrid-handle.html
    That looks like the perfect scoop for my area. I never liked the straight wood handles, I would like to have the one in the picture.

  11. #26
    us
    Retired

    Apr 2007
    Naples,fl
    Sea Hunter MK2 and AT PRO
    912
    421 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

    Re: looking to buy long handled beach scoop for fla. help me decide

    S3i suger sand scoop from Sunspot, has a 1 1/2 Alum. "T" handle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_1007 Stealth scoop.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	61548   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_1007 Stealth scoop.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	610548  

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

beach master 37 water scoop
,

beach scoop

,
beachmaster 37 inch water scoop
,

beachmaster sand scoop

,
beachmaster scoops
,
long beach scoop
,

long handle beach scoop

,
rtg beachmaster water scoop
,
stavr scoop or sunspot stealth
,
stealth beach scoop
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3