looking to buy long handled beach scoop for fla. help me decide

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The screen scoops work well on the dry sand and even they could be wider. Using those on the wet is a waste of energy as you can't shake them enough to get the sand out, best to just dump it to kick it apart. Or if your close to the water let a wave wash out the sand. For the water I think the Sunspot is best expecially with the bent yellow handle as you don't have to lean over as far to get a bite of sand.
http://www.gold-scoop.com/hybrid-handle.html

Attachments

• hybrid-hand3.jpg
    hybrid-hand3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 384
  • hybrid-hand3.jpg
    hybrid-hand3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 305

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry CS he confused me a little as well. He indicated he had used sunspot for year and BOTH BROKE and that he couldnt get anything to stay in an RTG bucket. So what digger does he use and like? Since i switched to a 90 degree handle i have to say no more floater leaving the bucket. Pennies seemed to be the worth seems like i was always chasing them with the RTG. Not to mention in hard pan or shells it tended to turn on me. BUT .... im fairly new to the learning curve and didnt get rid of my RTG. Just like detectors you can get used to anything.... but the time spent chasing a target does take away from covering ground. The holes also make a difference in shells.... if you cant shake them out you have to dig thru them. Others just dont chase tiny targets and prefer to go after the big money makers and cover as much beach as possible. Surprising how something so simple can make your life miserable out there.

Dew

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
lookindown said:
Can Slaw said:
lookindown said:
snooksion said:
used sunspot for years .both scoops broke. both were brand new. i used a rtg stainless 6 or 7 inch dont know which. but the worst scoop ive ever used. you could not wish a target in that scoop 8hrs of hunting 1penny and the place was solid targets .i was so aggrivated with that scoop i will never use one again.went to a easier beach to dig same situation.i got so aggrivated i made a rule i will dig 10 scoops on a target if i cant get it before 10 i leave it .got zero targets.and there was a good amount of targets. a scoop makes the difference if you get gold or not.
Sounds like the scoop wasnt the problem.

You don't know Snooksion...that guy can find and DIG gold better than anybody on this coast. I think he knows what he is talking about. ave no trpth an RTG
If thats the case, then I just took over the title of best digger on the West coast. ;D I have no trouble with an RTG 6 inch. Imagine what I could do with a good scoop. :laughing7: :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

If you are the best...can you compare gold finds to Snooksion? :laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can Slaw said:
lookindown said:
Can Slaw said:
lookindown said:
snooksion said:
used sunspot for years .both scoops broke. both were brand new. i used a rtg stainless 6 or 7 inch dont know which. but the worst scoop ive ever used. you could not wish a target in that scoop 8hrs of hunting 1penny and the place was solid targets .i was so aggrivated with that scoop i will never use one again.went to a easier beach to dig same situation.i got so aggrivated i made a rule i will dig 10 scoops on a target if i cant get it before 10 i leave it .got zero targets.and there was a good amount of targets. a scoop makes the difference if you get gold or not.
Sounds like the scoop wasnt the problem.

You don't know Snooksion...that guy can find and DIG gold better than anybody on this coast. I think he knows what he is talking about. ave no trpth an RTG
If thats the case, then I just took over the title of best digger on the West coast. ;D I have no trouble with an RTG 6 inch. Imagine what I could do with a good scoop. :laughing7: :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

If you are the best...can you compare gold finds to Snooksion? :laughing7:
I said best digger...not finder. ;D

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
The screen scoops work well on the dry sand and even they could be wider. Using those on the wet is a waste of energy as you can't shake them enough to get the sand out, best to just dump it to kick it apart. Or if your close to the water let a wave wash out the sand. For the water I think the Sunspot is best expecially with the bent yellow handle as you don't have to lean over as far to get a bite of sand.
http://www.gold-scoop.com/hybrid-handle.html
That looks like the perfect scoop for my area. I never liked the straight wood handles, I would like to have the one in the picture.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S3i suger sand scoop from Sunspot, has a 1 1/2 Alum. "T" handle.

Attachments

• 101_1007 Stealth scoop.jpg
    101_1007 Stealth scoop.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 383
  • 101_1007 Stealth scoop.jpg
    101_1007 Stealth scoop.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 353

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread