Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was Cold (50 F) and windy so I couldn't go fishing. I went down to the beach at daylight, found the usual pull tabs, bottle caps, tent pegs, one dime, one penny and a nice (?) titanium ring. There is a marking inside the band but I cannot read it. I am going to take it to the jeweler to see what the ring is.
But, on the way back to the truck, I found the real prize of the day laying on the beach with nobody around - a stand-up paddle for a stand-up paddle board. Wasn't real familiar with it so I took it by the local kayak store where they told me it's worth about $350.00. Not bad for a couple hours metal detecting.
Jonnie

Attachments

• 122811 find.jpg
    122811 find.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 812
  • 122811 find ring.jpeg
    122811 find ring.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 805
  • 122811 find ring inside 1.jpg
    122811 find ring inside 1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 804
  • board paddle.jpg
    board paddle.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 827
Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring find, Baywalker! I love those colors! :hello2:

Lorraine

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
opal in that ring? really nice way to top off 2011 :whip2:

OP
OP
baywalker

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update the owner the paddle stopped at the kayak store looking to buy a new paddle they told him that I had found one , he called me and told me me where he had lost it he just came by and picked it up and gave me $20.00 for my troubles . He seamed to be very happy to get it back . Happy new year to every one on T.Net

Jonnie

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good one Jonnie! Glad you were able to get it back to owner. That ring is a great looking ring.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to end the old year......find and return a paddle...get $20 for returning it...
find a beautiful ring and find it's worth $350 (nice!)....and get in some beach cleaning too.
Life is good for you baywalker. Best to ya for the New Year. Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
baywalker

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Nuggets said:
Great way to end the old year......find and return a paddle...get $20 for returning it...
find a beautiful ring and find it's worth $350 (nice!)....and get in some beach cleaning too.
Life is good for you baywalker. Best to ya for the New Year. Gold Nuggets :hello:
Gold Nuggets said:
Thanks with the weather turning bad I might hit that beach again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread