31st -last finds of 2011 and totals.....

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Happy New Year all, I got out to a new beach today and hunted maybe 1hr while the better half walked the dogs - only $2-50 and really slow, decided to have another crack just up the way (next beach) and saw a huge amount of large rocks / shells pushing in and out with the sand on the mid tide waterline about 3 m wide(considerable swell here still & was going from wet sand to 2ft deep with each set) so at intermittant hip deep getting smashed by waves and having to wait as each one rolled in and sucked back out , I hunted a further 45mins and today's rewards popped out - first a junk heart / necklace, second out was a 925 Silver Frog Ring (poor pic today and does not show the dainty frogs) then happy to get a really light but crispy SS signal to pull out a nice heavy, hallmarked and considerably tarnished silver bangle - I cleaned it up a little, this one was deeper and double up sets kept trying to push me off it - I'm happy to have persevered and recovered it - it also has H&S stamped above silver hallmark?
My first six months of detecting - gold total was 5 rings (one eternity with nice ice), I got 7 silver hallmarked rings and 10 more hallmarked misc silver items. Hope you all have a gold filled 2012 - I'm wishing for some too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_pirat:
just researched this on the H&S bangle because it felt so smooth / well made :

Harris & Son Silver is manufactured in Western Australia and represents four generations of fine silver craft since 1921.

As skilled ring-makers migrating from Birmingham in 1920, Charles and his son Harold melted down their own watch chains to make rings and consequently the partnership of Harris & Son was formed.

It was Harold Harris who created the original wildflower designs that Harris & Son became known for. The wildflower silverware became very well known both in Australia and amongst Heads of State and Royalty in many countries.

Harold passed the skills onto his son John and daughter Nola, both of whom were operating Harris & Son for many years. Harris & Son was sold over ten years ago and operated under the new owners in Fremantle.

John’s son, Cameron, recently bought the business back and is re-launching Harris & Son Silver – representing the fourth generation of the Harris family to be crafting fine silverware in Western Australia. The wildflower designs Harold crafted over many years have stood the test of time and continue to feature in the silverware produced by Harris & Son Silver today.[/size][/size]

Attachments

• IMG_2587.jpg
    IMG_2587.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 702
Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smoogle...nice post and very nice finds!

Thanks for the information on the Silver Company; I love History .

Lorraine

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a very successful year
of hunting. You have posted some very
nice finds in 2011. Well done. GL in 2012.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions