Compadre and the beach

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am sure any metal detector will work in the dry sand. Its the wet salt sand that does it in. But try the wet sand, some can be tuned down, and some can even work well in the wet sand.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be just fine in the dry sand ... I've swung a uMax and a Cortes in the dry, with no problems.

OP
OP
Jrlevers

Jrlevers

Dec 29, 2011
Bentleyville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesodoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I was contemplating buying a PI like the Sand Shark so I could be versatile and use it in the water but I didn't want to spend the extra money for a hobby I'm just starting out in. The advice is very welcomed!

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree that it will work fine in the dry and should work in the wet with some adjustments. It will probably false but I'm betting you should still pick up repeatable signals of targets in the sand. You will just have to learn what it is telling you again, it will be different than normal and you may lose some depth. Purchasing the SS would be a good thing to do if you go to the beach enough.... I see you are from Bentleyville, Pa, not to awful far from me here in Ohio. Let me know when you are thinking of a SS and we could get together so you could try one out..... maybe a trip to Erie, lots of targets there for you to get the feel of it....I've thought that making a video of the SS at Erie and selling it as a work out video might make me rich enough to retire! lol

Cliff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread