Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going to saltwater beach hunt, you want to dig all signals that are not nulls from 2 different directions, I would go with the Excal, but then again I'm partial to Minelab and Excals and not afraid to admit it..... Look for a good used Excal you will save more than enough to cover any repairs.....

I have bought 3 used Excals since I started in 2006, all worked properly on arrival, only one has been back to repairs, once for bad wire in headphones and once because I drop the coil and cracked it. Even with both trips to the shop, I am still well below the cost of a new excal.....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been asked and answered many times in the past. If you were a Charter Member you could seach for that information and get tons of replies. I have used both at saltwater beaches and prefer the Excal.

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
Re: Cz21 or Excaliber ll

I use both and like both. CZ 21 can be swung faster and cover more wet sand and dry sand. Hip mounted the CZ is lite as a feather. In the surf I prefer the Excal II less falsing then the CZ 21. If covering a small area in the wet and dry I would use Excal because little more depth. If your on a budget CZ 21 w/ 8" coil not to bad on land also.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Hard choice, I like both....judge for yourself on the tones/signals

davidfl

Jun 23, 2011
florida
Detector(s) used
cz7apro cz20 cz21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have never used an excal. but iv used the cz20/21 for years now, since before the buyout. for the record, dealing both with las vegas ans texas, fisher service has always been prompt, as least expensive, and as helpful as i could have asked for. even more so, now in texas. they have told me how much, what, and when the unit would be returned. even with all that, iv only used the service three times in ten or so years, on two units. the cz's are tough

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions