50* in January?? Beach weather...a bit of silver found today..and I mean a "bit"

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50* in January?? Beach weather...a bit of silver found today..and I mean a "bit"

:hello: Hi,

Sunny, with a mild wind made for a fun hunt today, but pickins were slim.

Hunted wet sand as the tide was rolling out at a very old beach.

Found clads, a "44 "Mercury " dime, and a small silver piece of jewelry with bogus "Bling". :'(

Here's pics from the 3 hr. hunt.

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF1285.JPG
    DSCF1285.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 435
  • DSCF1288.JPG
    DSCF1288.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 447
  • DSCF1293.JPG
    DSCF1293.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 450
Upvote 0

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: 50* in January?? Beach weather...a bit of silver found today..and I mean a "bit"

Amazing weather huh Lorraine? Glad someone was able to take advantage of it..... Is it really January? Nice finds but how do you clean up your jewelry, you do such an amazing job with them.

Cliff

OP
OP
Lorrain.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 50* in January?? Beach weather...a bit of silver found today..and I mean a "bit"

cdv1 said:
Amazing weather huh Lorraine? Glad someone was able to take advantage of it..... Is it really January? Nice finds but how do you clean up your jewelry, you do such an amazing job with them.

Cliff

Thank you , Cliff..

Although I put silvers like these in the "melt-down " box for ARA, I do like to clean the items to see them shiny....I clean them with a mix of Tarn-X and baking soda, and then shine them with "jeweler's rouge" ( the black crayon)

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lorrain. said:
cdv1 said:

Cliff

Thank you , Cliff..

Although I put silvers like these in the "melt-down " box for ARA, I do like to clean the items to see them shiny....I clean them with a mix of Tarn-X and baking soda, and then shine them with "jeweler's rouge" ( the black crayon)

I was going to say...
What in the world do you do to your silver to cause it to pit up like that.
Almost looks like you dunk it in sulfuric acid....

OP
OP
Lorrain.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TORRERO said:
Lorrain. said:
cdv1 said:

Cliff

Thank you , Cliff..

I was going to say...
What in the world do you do to your silver to cause it to pit up like that.
Almost looks like you dunk it in sulfuric acid....

No, Torrero,

These coins are extremely pitted when I find them...from the salty ocean water.

They are worth only their silver content.

I just send them in for melt value

Lorraine

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

darn that bogus bling! With all this chat of cleaning silver you've inspired me to shine up some of my finds - good to see your thermometer wasn't through the floor today Lorrain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread