Flying High on another 9ct band.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went back to a beach I have not hunted since the recent cyclone swell, AMAZING - sand on top half of beach is just not there, 3ft drops from all staircases to rocks below. I tore my fingertips apart trying to find targets in holes and cracks between the mini boulders and slabby rock bases, scoop no good , anyway I'll go back tomorrow with small crowbar and screwdriver etc ...
anyway retreated to where the sand was up the other end of the beach and battled waves because there was an obvious band of rock and shell, sure enough it had targets galore - 16 coins, junker earing, bulk heavy trash like bolts and tent pegs etc, $9-30 total change , my third men's 9ct wedder for the year and a plane to fly it home in - (check the ugly "try again 375 hallmark - two different stamps here?) ... good luck to all and special thanks for the kind replies from my previous posts - Lorrain and Gold Nugs et al - such balanced and lovely people on here.

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpg
    IMG_2612.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 823
Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding another gold ring! :hello2: that's the way to fly, Smoogle! :headbang:

Lorraine

BOXING63

Jan 7, 2007
PIRATE ,CT
Detector(s) used
Excalibur ll, Sovereign GT / New England Detectors USA
Primary Interest:
WTG Congratulations Smoogle :headbang:

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See what happens when ya fly low! COOL! :icon_thumleft:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet nobody had hunted those rocks before. Try using a rod with a hook on the end to get in those cracks. Nice ring buddy.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet you will find all sorts of goodies in those
rocks Smoogle. Congrats on the gold band....
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
Smoogle

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sandman said:
Bet nobody had hunted those rocks before. Try using a rod with a hook on the end to get in those cracks. Nice ring buddy.
it seems so - I found a one cent coin literally wedged into a crack - I have never seen the beach this way, I think I'll use the uMax here as I don't want to be gouging between rock for bottle tops and as it is light I'll be able to move it more easily around the bigger boulders, the hook is a top idea - maybe I'll use a thin tent peg? my fingers are really sore this morning!
thanks to all and good luck...

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us see what your beaches look like ,never herd of cuts that big.sounds like a dream

Jonnie

OP
OP
Smoogle

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
baywalker said:
Let us see what your beaches look like ,never herd of cuts that big.sounds like a dream

Jonnie
I'm going there this afternoon so I'll take a few pics of the erosion, the local council has already fenced off the stairs etc, I could not believe it either Jonnie, most of the beaches here just had the back build up of sand flattened out with very few cuts - but this beach seemed to cop the swell as it faces in a different direction, hope I can extract some goodies because I just know they will dump tons of sand here as it is a popular tourist beach and they are all crammed into 80m on one end. The swell was over Christmas / New Year so I must admit I stumbled upon this very late and more through good luck than planning - was just looking for a new place to hunt.....

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring....wanna see them cuts...beaches not cut here yet but had some good sand movement from last cold front.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread