May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The etrac works great on the wet sand. Just don't go in the water and lift the coil. No sense spending more $$ unless you want to water hunt then get one of the water machines.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BSBIKER1 said:
Hi I am going to do some beach hunting this summer and looking for reccomendations on which Detector to buy, I now have a ETRAC and a Fisher F-4

Thanks
Bill

Hi Bill! You already have your dry sand detector, so get a Pulse Induction machine for the wet sand and water. I use the Tesoro Sand Shark. Read my article on beach hunting here http://www.americanbeachdetecting.com

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Which beach and the type of hunting you have planned will dictate what detector is best for your needs.

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, and welcome. I don't know the types of beaches you plan to hunt, but here is what works for me. I hunt mostly freshwater lakes and beaches, and due to many years of nails and tin cans I use the Excalibur. I can pick a gold ring hiding in a bed of nails. A PI machine would be nearly useless in these conditions. If your hunting cleaner saltwater beaches, a PI may be a better choice. Hope this helps, and good luck. Kevin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread