urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:BangHead:
a couple of people posted battery chargers they have made with radio shack parts.
i printed a pix and took it to my local rat-shack and the look was amazing.
the guy looked at the picture from every angle and then asked what it was?
treasure_hunter posted a pic of it once, it looked like a charger and a meter mounted on a small board.
if anybody has a part number i would appreciate it.
thanks, jack
[email protected]

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
urdaboss

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:hello2:
sandman, thanks 4 reply.
i have wanted to buy charter membership, but will not use credit card. i have been caught with id fraud twice. first time got me for 20k. i got it back but had a lot of bounced checks in the mean time.
i wouldbe glad to send cash or money order.
please pm me where to send, thanks
[email protected]

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PayPal only and it is very safe.

Simon Morris

Oct 24, 2015
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab Excalibur 2 x 2 of them
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, I need to buy a battery charger for my excalibur 2 I am not interested in the rubbish charger that they sell you the machine with, who can assist me here please.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can buy the excal trickle charger for $29.99

SocalJim

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using a GWS MC2002 charger about 25 dollars at hobby shops and come up often on E-bay I use my car battery for a power source and use a small trickle charge .25 to .50 and it charges within an hour after a 4 or 5 hour hunt You can take it with you and charge at the beach in your car. Most hobby shops have chargers that work much better than the minelab.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont waste your money on a ML charger or making your own. Buy a Maxxpack charger..... it has a light and will charge the ML battery in about 30 min. Its also a smart charger unlike the ML so it shuts off when the battery is charged so the battery doesnt stay hot. They are only $21. You can pick up a battery/charger packet for around $50 i think. A blue Xcal has a 750 mah and an Xcal II has 1000 mah...... these have a 1500 or 1600..... lot more run time. NOTE..... they say these chargers are recommend for the Xcal II 1000 batteries. Thats because a lot of the old blues wont charge fully they are at the end of their life and they get HOT when attempting to charge them and they wont reach max.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread