Im overloaded, need help

gator20d

Dec 28, 2004
I'm overloaded, need help

:)

I'm new to this forum and to the hobby. I've been searching the web for information on different detectors and frankly have come away completely overloaded. I know this question is asked over and over, but I'd appreciate some direction. I'm looking for a detector with some of the following features:

Budget $300 or less
Can be used along the Florida beaches and in shallow water I'm not a diver so don't intend on full submersion
Can be used equally well on good old mother earth for relic hunting and
Has a good warranty and proven track record.

Thanks in advance

Morris

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Re: I'm overloaded, need help

Hello gator20d,,, and Welcome to the forum...
I am fairly new to the hobby also,, ( detecting for about 6 months ).I don't know a whole lot about too many of the other detectors out there, but I do have a few tips...
You might want to check-out KellyCo:http://www.kellycodetectors.com/indexmain.htm
They are having a half price sale at the present time...
Also, one thing that I think about when purchasing an item off of one the post, is to look at the status of the member posting it. Is it a Newbie, who might not be around for you to contact, if need be, or is it a full member, who has been here for awhile,, and will probably be sticking around...
Good luck with your decision, & Happy Hunting~

OP
OP
G

gator20d

Dec 28, 2004

Thanks to everyone for their input. I think I will save up more funds to go with the better model. Also since I'm in Florida I'm only about 1 1/2 hrs from KelleyCoDetectors.

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I'm new to this, but I bought a used minelab excalibur from Reillys in Pompano Beach. Works great, wet or dry or surf has no affect on the settings. Reilly knew history of machine, and the advice from him is worth the difference in cost. A good used machine works just as well as a new one, you can flip it for what ya paid if ya don't like it. I agree, buy from a reputable source. Reilly is 954-971-6102.

N

nicknyc

i don't have a detector yet either. i saw that the minelab excalibur had an 8" coil. . . is that measurement directly related to how deep it can detect objects?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread