HOLY SORE ARM!!

bootey_hunter

Apr 21, 2010
its been a while but i finally got swinging again today.. got my newly purchased excal 1000 out and hit delray beach Florida(i am visiting). never did water detecting before and WOW my arm is sore!!.. didnt realize how hard it is to swing in the water, even with a straight shaft...after a few hours both of my shoulders felt like jello.. haha.. i have gained a new respect for this hobbie... i am gona be hurtin in the morning....

is the west coast of florida easier to hunt?

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would do well to hang the controls from your neck instead and tape the cable straight down the side of the shaft so it is more water resistant. All that cable wrapped around the shaft really slows it down.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It is so much easier, we have manatees that help us swing the detector. Sometimes the fish will help too! No, it is not much better over here, except if you mean calmer. Arms get a work out where ever you are. And that can be better or worse at any beach, any time, just have keep an eye on the weather and tides. A front just went through, and there is a high pressure system off the upper East Coast of Florida which means onshore winds where you are, which means waves too. Rougher. When that happens, over here wind is offshore, meaning it is calmer. I have studied weather my whole life, and always put it to good use.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of us hunt 5 to 6 hrs. none stop in the water but only because of years doing it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread